Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2014, 07:39 AM   #61

you are very trusting..I would have raised and lowered the jacks a few times when I picked the unit up!! I already brought our 2014 Adventurer 37f nto them for the jack problem and told me the exact same thing, they could not reproduce the problem even when I brought the unit in to them with the leveling unit screen indicating a problem which they took a picture of. now it is still doing the same thing and the rear jacks will not fully retract. It is getting worse!
Enjoy Charleston, we love it there....and good luck, hope your problems are resolved.
Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141101_122442.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	436.9 KB
ID:	78140   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1027.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	78141  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1026.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	275.6 KB
ID:	78142  
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:12 PM   #62
Winnebago Watcher

LCI Leveling System

I have a 2014 Winnebago Journey 36M that I purchased in early 2014. From day one I had problems with the leveling system not working correctly: light on the dash indicating the jacks were down when they were actually up, system timing out before the coach was level, jacks not coming up all the way when retracting, 3 jacks go down but the 4th does not. It wasn't until they replaced the pump and manifold that it finally began to work. I still periodically get a message that the jacks are down when the coach sits for a little while, even though the jacks are up.
kpnestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:29 PM   #63
Winnie-Wise

Lippert has to be aware of all these problems. I am starting to think they either do not care or produce crap with regard to their jack system.

I continue to struggle with the Jack Down Light coming on after the motorhome sits a couple weeks with the jacks up. I have taken it to the dealer three times. They did replace two hydraulic lines which has helped, but the problem still exists.

Unable to resolve the problem at this time, the dealership gave me a five year promise to repair this issue for free should it get worse. This gives me a little satisfaction knowing I will not have to use my extended warranty and pay the $200 deductible. This agreement is noted on my account and I have a copy in writing.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #64
Winnebago Camper

We put the jacks down Mon to get ready for our trip and this was the first time they went down smoothly! Today they retracted just as quickly and smoothly and no jacks down light so we think perhaps they may be fixed at last! Big test will be when we leave Charleston next week after having them extended for 7 days...the story continues!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SAWTELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAWTELLE View Post
We put the jacks down Mon to get ready for our trip and this was the first time they went down smoothly! Today they retracted just as quickly and smoothly and no jacks down light so we think perhaps they may be fixed at last! Big test will be when we leave Charleston next week after having them extended for 7 days...the story continues!
Please post what happens..good luck!
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:31 PM   #66
Winnebago Owner

Having similar problems with my 2015 Forza 34T. It's at the dealer now, I'll let you know the outcome.
artpe54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:52 AM   #67
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2013 Tour and have been thru a lot of issues with our jacks. It started with jacks staying part way down on retract, jacks not retracting, jacks not leveling, to having them slip down while driving. "Fixes" so far include: new pump and reservoir, new rear jacks, resetting the auto level function, addition of anti-stition fluid, connection and seal checks at all jacks and fittings, bleeding air from the lines, replaced electronic controls with the one that adds more time to the operation, replaced "T" valve that switches the fluid movement for jacks down/up.

Every time a repair was made we performed several test before we felt like the issues were corrected. It hasn't taken long after leaving the repair facility (last 3 times were at Forest City) before at least one of the issues returned. We are currently experiencing the jacks down lights on while the jacks are up and the jacks time out and return for service warnings. THERE HAS TO BE A FIX! This is way past ridiculous!
Roy-n-Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:55 AM   #68
Winnebago Owner

We all have the same isses...what does Winnebago and or Lipert say about this and the faulty product causing all these heartaches.
Nxkharra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:05 AM   #69
Winnebago Camper

Well folks we're on our way home from a 10 day trip, 7 days with the jacks down in Charleston SC, and three in North Myrtle Beach, and I'm excited to report NO JACKS DOWN problems!! Jacks are extending and retracting smoothly. They were fixed at Tom Johnson on Marion NC and it appears they have fixed the problem-at least for now. Time to winterized so won't be using them again till Feb., but we're happy right now. Both front passenger slide and jacks working-can it get any better than that!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SAWTELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #70
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAWTELLE View Post
Well folks we're on our way home from a 10 day trip, 7 days with the jacks down in Charleston SC, and three in North Myrtle Beach, and I'm excited to report NO JACKS DOWN problems!! Jacks are extending and retracting smoothly. They were fixed at Tom Johnson on Marion NC and it appears they have fixed the problem-at least for now. Time to winterized so won't be using them again till Feb., but we're happy right now. Both front passenger slide and jacks working-can it get any better than that!
Congratulations... I'm glad to hear one success story.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:38 PM   #71
Winnebago Camper

That is great news and we had a similar experience on our New England trip.
TravelDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 04:35 AM   #72
Winnebago Owner

Dealer just contacted me and said Lippert is having them change the pump.
artpe54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:32 AM   #73
Winnebago Camper

artPE54 - Had our pump replaced at delivery. No issues since. Problem was pump wasn't building enough pressure to properly activate the pressure switch controls.
ctaurie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:50 AM   #74
Winnebago Camper

If you have a coach with air bag suspension, this is the smoothest way to operate the jacks that I have found:

Park as level as possible, with the engine running dump the air to lower the coach, lower the jacks, shut off engine.

To retract: start the engine, engage the air to inflate the suspension, raise the jacks.

My thinking is that by lowering the coach before lowering the jacks the jacks do not have as far to travel. Then by inflating the suspension before raising the jacks the jacks do not have as much load on them for as long. When I do not follow this procedure the jacks "bounce" the coach on the way up.

I have not had the coach long enough to know that this procedure works consistently but am interested to know if it works for others.
jones47172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:39 AM   #75
Winnebago Camper

Isn't that the job, purpose and design of the automatic leveling system? Push the auto level button the air dumps then the jacks deoloy. Push auto retract the air bags fill and the jacks retract.

Did I miss read your post or is this the same procedure?
Roy
Roy-n-Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:32 PM   #76
Winnebago Camper

Great info. The jacks down light also showed up on my 2015 Brave. Since it's been at dealership for 27 of the 29 days I've owned it, I will be sure to check this when I pick it up, whenever that might be.
JimGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:49 PM   #77
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2013 Itasca Meridian34B and I have had the jack down light come on at least 3 or 4 times in the last year and a half that we have owned it. I have been lucky that each time it happens I can make it go away by turning on the jack panel and initiate a retract. Usually nothing happens except the light warning light goes away. Once I could hear the jack retract a little bit. So far it has been a minor annoyance. Hopefully it will not get worse. I had BigFoot jacks installed on my Montana 5th wheel and they were flawless. My opinion is that Lippert does not make very reliable equipment. This impression comes from our experience with the Schwintek junk and from a lot of campground discussions over the past year. One guy I met in Ohio, on his way to Lippert, was so frustrated with the jacks on his 5th wheel that he made some scary comments on what he might do if this latest trip did not solve the problem.
CBTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:12 PM   #78
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBTraveler View Post
We have a 2013 Itasca Meridian34B and I have had the jack down light come on at least 3 or 4 times in the last year and a half that we have owned it. I have been lucky that each time it happens I can make it go away by turning on the jack panel and initiate a retract. Usually nothing happens except the light warning light goes away. Once I could hear the jack retract a little bit. So far it has been a minor annoyance. Hopefully it will not get worse. I had BigFoot jacks installed on my Montana 5th wheel and they were flawless. My opinion is that Lippert does not make very reliable equipment. This impression comes from our experience with the Schwintek junk and from a lot of campground discussions over the past year. One guy I met in Ohio, on his way to Lippert, was so frustrated with the jacks on his 5th wheel that he made some scary comments on what he might do if this latest trip did not solve the problem.
I'm having vary similar problems. I take my motorhome out at least once a month. Every time I start the motorhome up after it has been sitting for that month with the jacks up, the jack down light comes on. I press the retract button, the system activates, and light goes out. This has been going on for a year now. Annoyance and frustration have set in. Lippert and dealership have replaced a couple different parts, yet the problem still exists.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #79
Winnebago Camper

Kwickee level best levelers failure

Our new to us Itasca 2007 Sunrise has had problems similar to those posted. Recently the levelers just stopped working correctly. We have had it looked at by a couple of RV repair locations. One told us it was the control panel and wanted to order it. On investigation with Lichtsinn the panel was not going to be available until Nov (this was addressed in Sept) So we took it to Camping World (mistake #1) who now told us it was the pump. Six weeks later and over $4,200 of repair and replacement of pump we are now having to also install a control panel at a cost of an additional $1,000. There is no guarantee that this is even going to solve the problem.. Apparently the panel had to be made and that is why we have waited for the part. Frustrating, annoying

We could have purchase the parts at a very different price point but we do not have the experience in trying to install and get it working. I plan on sending a letter to Camping World about the charges and overinflation of the cost of the parts but do not expect any satisfaction or help from Marcus Lemoinus but maybe I will feel better after complaining.
LeftyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:57 PM   #80
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by artpe54 View Post
Dealer just contacted me and said Lippert is having them change the pump.
How much were you charged for the pump if you do not mind my asking...
LeftyRN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling