Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2020, 10:30 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Maintence parts

I am trying to found part numbers for the Air, Oil, Fuel filters Etc. I found some but not all is there a place to find all of them. I went to the Cummins site and all it showed was the fuel filter. I am trying to get a set of spares. As you can see I have the 34T with the 6.7 ISB 340 HP. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2020, 10:51 AM   #2

The best place is the coach its self.

All the existing filters and belts will have part numbers on them that can be crossed over by any good parts store .

Cummins site should have listed the oil filter ?
Cummins would have provided air filter requirements to the chassis manufacturer with the engine , the chassis builder would take the requirements and find a filter that met them, and fit the location in the chassis where they planned to place it .

If your coach is on a Freightliner chassis , the help line could probably give you all the numbers. But don't be surprised if they refer you to Cummins for the oil filter.
1-800-385-4357 Have your chassis serial number handy.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:12 PM   #3

Physically locate each filter and engine drive belts and take a picture of the part#, as MH engines may use different filters and belts than pickups and HDT's. The water pump drive belt part# picture is important as it is rubbed off by use after about 30K miles.
Another option is to create an account with https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html
Have your engine serial# ready as it must have that to create your account. Then it will identify every component of your engine and connect you with the correct parts.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:46 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Physically locate each filter and engine drive belts and take a picture of the part#, as MH engines may use different filters and belts than pickups and HDT's. The water pump drive belt part# picture is important as it is rubbed off by use after about 30K miles.
Another option is to create an account with https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html
Have your engine serial# ready as it must have that to create your account. Then it will identify every component of your engine and connect you with the correct parts.
I did do this but they don't show the Air filter, or oil filter, and the parts catalog isn't working on the website
Old 10-18-2020, 04:48 PM   #5

Smile Onebrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj6599 View Post
I did do this but they don't show the Air filter, or oil filter, and the parts catalog isn't working on the website
Hi I had trouble also finding the right part numbers etc. I finally went to an Advanced Auto and a Napa Auto store and they were able to cross over to truck parts that were exact fit. Just need engine size year and Transmission they should be able to find the right parts for you they did for me mind you a lot depends on how helpful the sales person wants to be.
Good Luck.
Onebrit
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:03 PM   #6

Onebrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebrit View Post
Hi I had trouble also finding the right part numbers etc. I finally went to an Advanced Auto and a Napa Auto store and they were able to cross over to truck parts that were exact fit. Just need engine size year and Transmission they should be able to find the right parts for you they did for me mind you a lot depends on how helpful the sales person wants to be.
Good Luck.
Onebrit
Hi
I see no further posts on this, did you resolve your parts issue it would be nice for others to know how you made out and how you resolved the problem.
Regards
Onebrit
Old 10-26-2020, 08:46 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebrit View Post
Hi
I see no further posts on this, did you resolve your parts issue it would be nice for others to know how you made out and how you resolved the problem.
Regards
Onebrit
No, still don't know the right oil filter or Crankcase filter, the book say one thing and the cummins and internet say something else. I cannot get a picture of the oil filter because it is tucked up in there. The Fuel filter and separator where easy but what is on there is different than the book, so what is right?
Old 10-26-2020, 07:18 PM   #8

Onebrit

Quote:
No, still don't know the right oil filter or Crankcase filter, the book say one thing and the cummins and internet say something else. I cannot get a picture of the oil filter because it is tucked up in there. The Fuel filter and separator where easy but what is on there is different than the book, so what is right?
Thanks for your reply, here's what I suggest let someone else scratch there heads, go talk with a Auto store give them your engine size and type they don't care what vehicle it is they just need to know what engine and make. You may have to try a few but again if you find someone willing to do some research for you, you may strike Gold like I did. Even a Truck repair parts facility maybe helpful. Good luck keep us posted.
Onebrit
Old 10-27-2020, 09:08 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
I got a hold of Cummins and turns out the numbers in the owners manual for the oil filter are wrong the right one is LF3970. They don't know the oil capacity it could either 17.6 or 20.8 qts so when I change I will start with 16-17 qts and go from there. Did not get an answer for the Crankcase filter.
Also on another note the fuel filter in the book is wrong too it is FF63009 and the fuel separator is also wrong it is FS19798.
So with that said if anyone knows the crankcase filter I would appreciate it. I don't know if it a rear or top mount.
Old 10-27-2020, 10:28 PM   #10

Quote:
I got a hold of Cummins and turns out the numbers in the owners manual for the oil filter are wrong the right one is LF3970. They don't know the oil capacity it could either 17.6 or 20.8 qts so when I change I will start with 16-17 qts and go from there. Did not get an answer for the Crankcase filter.
Also on another note the fuel filter in the book is wrong too it is FF63009 and the fuel separator is also wrong it is FS19798.
So with that said if anyone knows the crankcase filter I would appreciate it. I don't know if it a rear or top mount.

Oil capacity depends on standard pan or deep pan. Cummins Quick Serve has the correct information, sign up enter your engine serial #, the correct information is at your fingertips.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 10-28-2020, 09:50 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Oil capacity depends on standard pan or deep pan. Cummins Quick Serve has the correct information, sign up enter your engine serial #, the correct information is at your fingertips.
I have logged in there and I can't find the oil capacity, Maybe I am not looking the right place. Where might I find this?
Old 10-28-2020, 11:13 PM   #12

Quote:
I have logged in there and I can't find the oil capacity, Maybe I am not looking the right place. Where might I find this?
Look for oil pan nomenclature, the serial# and CPL# identifies the build of your specific engine, including standard or deep oil pan sump. I once knew the measurement of the deep pan, hopefully someone else remembers.
This thread may help: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/oil...hp-376790.html
Old 10-29-2020, 10:40 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Look for oil pan nomenclature, the serial# and CPL# identifies the build of your specific engine, including standard or deep oil pan sump. I once knew the measurement of the deep pan, hopefully someone else remembers.
This thread may help: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/oil...hp-376790.html
Well I was all over that again and nothing for oil capacities.
I was hoping that someone with a 2015 like mine would chime in. My only other choice is buy the oil and start filling it the only thing I know for sure is it is either 17.6 or 20.8 qts. It is sad that cummins doesn't know that built the thing.

Tags
parts