Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2014, 12:34 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mid 2000's Winnebago ATS???

I'm in the process of upgrading my 30 amp MH to 50 amps. The Parallax ATS 5070 (30 or 50 amp capable) requires two jumper wires for the 50A upgrade and no jumpers for the 30A configuration. The Parallax website doesn't give any more info on the jumpers other than they are required. I have attached a photo of the inside wiring of my ATS. The jumpers need to go between the blue and white wires at the top and the blue and white wires at the bottom. I'm not quite sure if either the blue or white wires need to be disconnected before the jumpers are installed. Does anyone have a photo of the inside of their Parallax ATS 5070 as it was installed in a mid 2000's 50 amp Winnebago/Itasca MH (mine is a gas model if it makes any difference).

Thanks,

Fran
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Parallax ATS.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	65528  
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Drawing

Rockwood27, here is the schematic for the ATS5070, there is a note that said the jumper details are on the inside of the box cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ATS5070.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	65534  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:26 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks gthattis. I've already downloaded that drawing. Unfortunately the cover only has a block diagram with very little detail. I would love to get a photo of a real 50A ATS.

Fran
Old 06-17-2014, 06:11 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have you looked at the Winnebago resource website. I found all the drawings I needed there to change mine over however I had a different ATS

Jerry
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Wizard,

I've downloaded all the Winnebago drawings, but even those only shows a block diagram. I would like to see a photo like I had in the first post with the jumpers in place.

Fran
Old 06-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #6

Mid 2000's Winnebago ATS???

I don't know if this helps or not but I had to replace my Parallex ATS 5070 50 Amp switch last weekend. The replacement switch was the ATS 501 which can be used with or without the jumpers, depending on you configuration. My point is, that the new switch came out of the box with the jumpers in place, so you may be look at the Parallax website and pull up the ATS 501 switch drawing to get a better idea of how to wire your switch. I would send a picture of mine but my coach is in storage.

300 HP Cat Diesel
GaDawgFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago