RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2014, 08:14 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Minnie Winnie 31KP

Greetings,

First time MH owners and we have a new Minnie Winnie 31KP. Hoped to find others with this model? I already posted some issues in another part of IRV2 of this but just discovered this Winnebago owners forum. We had some initial problems but hopefully all resolved by the dealer in a two day period:
1. Rain entering front cap and they tested with air and found several bad spots along the seam - resealed everthing.
2. Backup camera off and on working. Wire under dash was causing problem. Dealer reconfigured some wires and all seems fine so far.
3. Bathroom sink drain not connected correctly.
4. Slide had a rubber piece slipping out and it needed put back in place and trimmed.
5. Filter screen near water pump not correct and leaking a few drops. Replaced and all seems fine.

So, we have now spent 5 nights in our new MH and overall very happy campers. Just hoping we don't have other problems.

One problem (we think) is the black tank censor does not seem to get off empty. But, we have not dumped but once and I am not convinced the tank had reached the 1/3 level - I will dump again in a couple of days and this time (I forgot the first time) be sure to put quite a bit of water in the tank and see if the indicator changes. The Grey tank censor seems fine.

Mods done and wanted to do:

1. I had the dealer install a coax line for satellite. Techs did a nice job (Camper's RV in Shreveport) and installed the outside part near the door entrance very low and the inside part just next to the Jack antenna on the left as you enter the coach. Makes it easy to use Satellite Dish with receiver sitting below TV in Kitchen.
2. I would love to sort out a way (ideas appreciated) to add a 110 v. line that I plug into the campground pole. This is to provide one receptacle in the coach that is not part of the 30 amp service. (I do ham radio and want to run my ham station without so many worries on taking part of the 30 amp service). My problem here is finding a good path into the coach. I *think* it will end up being behind the dinette wall portion box under cushion. I think that will lead to a nice clear spot on the slide on the outside for a receptacle (sold at Camper's World and other places). I could then mount a 110 v. plug in under that cushion on the inside of the coach. When we connect to shore power I would just have another short line to the shore pole 20 amp connection to supply that outlet.
3. I need to find out (just have not done it yet) which of the connections on the tow plug will provide 12 v. dc when the coach is sitting and not on. I know there will be some for lights, turn signals, etc. but I am hopeful one will be there with 12 v. dc. all the time. (This is again for ham radio to supply power to an adjustable antenna with very low current drain and only when adjusting). I plan to take my multimeter out and find if any are 12 v. hot when RV is not running.
4. I would like to install a 12 v. accessory plug outside near the 110 v. line by the door but may just plug in an adapter. This is for using the Winegard carry out dish without having to use the 12 v. accessory plugs inside the cockpit of the coach. This is not a priority but a 'nice to have' option because the Winegard take out only needs the 12 v. at start up finding the satellite.

Sorry for the lengthy post but really hope to connect with other Winnie owners with this or similar models to share tips and ideas, beawares, etc.. We are currently camping at Atlanta State Park in North East Texas and our home is in Savoy, Texas (about 70 miles north of Dallas.) and heading home in a few days for some appointments and then maybe elsewhere?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2014, 10:07 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wow, 76 views and not a single post...

At least....WELCOME TO iRV2!

Enjoy the motorhome and come back here often.

You'll get good at fixing the little niggles like you're finding. It's just part of RV'ing. Once you get them sorted they keep going pretty well. There's always something new to learn about them. Lots of knowledgable peeps here.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:04 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome

I have a Winnie, it's a Class A, so exact placement isn't an option for me to answer on those electrical items. Running extra power and 12VDC lines are a breeze, if you have the experience. Just be mindful of sliding/moving parts.

The tanks sensors are not always exactly in unison. My black tank empty sensor is nearly half way on the tank. Same for my fresh water supply tank. I'll still have 35 gallons of fresh water while the gauge reads empty. The one to worry about is the "FULL" on the black tank

Hope that helps.
KoolBell is offline   Reply With Quote