Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-08-2005, 05:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

As I have been crawling under my coach to install a Tru Center, I finally noticed (duh) that I have no driver's side front mud flap. There is a rubber flap attached in a way that looks like it is designed to protect the fuel fill pipe..but no mud flap. I cannot see where any flap was ever mounted on the driver's side.

Do other Journey's have flaps behind both front wheels?
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:47 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

As I have been crawling under my coach to install a Tru Center, I finally noticed (duh) that I have no driver's side front mud flap. There is a rubber flap attached in a way that looks like it is designed to protect the fuel fill pipe..but no mud flap. I cannot see where any flap was ever mounted on the driver's side.

Do other Journey's have flaps behind both front wheels?
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:03 PM   #3
RLS
Winnebago Owner

I have a 02' 36LD DL and it is the same as what you are describing. If you check out the Winnebago parts break down for a 02' 36G, page 151 part # 15 shows a Mud Flap. This may be the one we have that is folded up to protect the filler pipe. Just my guess. I would like to have one hanging down to protect the slide.
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 06:12 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Our 2002 was missing the drivers side mudflap as well. I was actually told about the missing flap by someone else with a 2002 Journey.

There is supposed to be a metal flap attached to a bracket at the top of the wheel whell. I think everyone of them had bad aluminum welds on the bracket that holds the flap. After the first trip when we found out it was missing I had the dealer order one for me and put it on. It's been fine ever since.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:23 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

All I know it that my suncrusier didn't have any front mud flaps at all. I installed them myself after inquiring about them and being told that the coach doesn't come with them. Just kick up the dirt into the hot water heater compartment, just great.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 03:57 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I have a 02 Horizon, I didnt have a mud flap on the front drivers side ither. Not even a bracket to put one on. I installed one myself, dealer said "dah", Just another way for the dealers to catch up on the prices.In order to protect the slide, its a must thing to do.
richierich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 06:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

No drivers side mudflap either. I wonder if they were not installed because the living room slide comes out right at the wheel well.

Aventa II Tow Bar/Apollo Braking
El Jeffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 03:09 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

I'm going to install one. Yes, the slide is right behind the wheel but some of the slide pump connections hang just below that and it looks like road slop gets slung on it.