Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2011, 03:47 PM   #1

Mystery hose?

Crawling around under my coach today, I noticed a loose hanging hose. It was alongside the transmission, (right side of coach,) but not attached to it. Looked like a 3/8 or so oil type hose, with a swivel fitting on the end. Wonder what it is, and if it should be attached to something?
Automobilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #2

Is the other end of the hose attached to anything?

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
turn on your engine and observe the open end of the tube,
if you see oily vapor coming from it, then it is likely the crankcase breather tube and should be left open to discharge excess oily vapors.
Some call this the slobber tube.
but this is just a guess on my part.
however, in my experience the breather tube more likely has about a 3/4" inner diameter.
also, the breather tube would not likely have a swivel fitting.
so I could easily be wrong about this
hope this helps

jim & debbie, 04 Journey 34H
jimmccreary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:39 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automobilist View Post
Crawling around under my coach today, I noticed a loose hanging hose. It was alongside the transmission, (right side of coach,) but not attached to it. Looked like a 3/8 or so oil type hose, with a swivel fitting on the end. Wonder what it is, and if it should be attached to something?
what kinda machine do you have?
you can include this info in your signature block.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #5

Yes, good point...

It's not the slobber tube. Further investigation reveals it's cut off on the other end, so it's the mystery tube from nowhere. All systems seem to work fine, so whatever it was cut off from apparently didn't really need it.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:14 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Any chance of posting a picture?
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote