Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2020, 05:59 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Need help with warranty service in So Cal

We have a 2017 Grand Tour. It needs a few major warranty repairs (retile bedroom floor due to unevenly installed tiles from factory, reupholster slide out ceiling due to leak that was already repaired, and reinstall warped rear cap due to faulty support). We had these services scheduled for next week in Junction City, OR, however, they are shutting down that facility.

Winnebago referred us to two dealers that are local to us (Giant RV and Mike Thompson RV in Colton), however, the dealers don't want to take on these repairs, as they don't feel comfortable they can do them right. Obviously, if that's the case, I'd rather they don't do them, either! Anyone have this type of issue? We wanted to go to a high end coach repair/remodel facility (Signature Coachworks in Beaumont), as they seem to know what they're doing, but Winnebago Customer Care said we have to go to their approved dealers. Need advice asap! Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2020, 06:17 PM   #2

Try this place they specialize in High end coaches, back charge Winnebago

https://signature-coachworks.business.site

2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 11:19 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1doodadd View Post
Try this place they specialize in High end coaches, back charge Winnebago

https://signature-coachworks.business.site
That's the location we'd like to take it to, however, Winnebago Customer Support told me they wouldn't pay for it if we took it there. They said we had to take it to one of their authorized dealers. One of the dealers (Giant RV) told me yesterday that they can't help us with the interior repairs! What did you mean by "back charge Winnebago?" Are you talking about paying for the repairs and then trying to have them reimburse us? That would probably be impossible for us, as I'm pretty sure these repairs are going to be pretty costly!
Old 06-21-2020, 05:05 PM   #4

Have the repairs done where you want and sue for the repairs since their repair facility Will Not DO the repairs. If Their dealers can't and wont do the work what else can one do. Or sue Winnebago under the RV lemon law. A lot of info here about doing that

2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 05:35 PM   #5

You can try this location in Santa Clarita, CA. "Final Touch RV repair". They just recently expanded and have a location in Van Nuys now. I believe they also changed their name to "Elite Coach Works". I googled both and all the info is available.
I have used these folks for some upgrades on my 2008 Baystar and got to know their operation a little. The inside cabinet mods they did for me was top notch and I saw some of the results on both interior work and exterior work that they were doing on other units. Their body shop is fully equipped. On one coach they were literally rebuilding the left half of a front cap from a reverse molding they made from the intact right side. (new front cap was not available).
I know they do some warranty work so they may be on Winnebago`s approved vendor list.
Good luck.
Vintage Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 06:32 PM   #6

onebrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETLT View Post
We have a 2017 Grand Tour. It needs a few major warranty repairs (retile bedroom floor due to unevenly installed tiles from factory, reupholster slide out ceiling due to leak that was already repaired, and reinstall warped rear cap due to faulty support). We had these services scheduled for next week in Junction City, OR, however, they are shutting down that facility.

Winnebago referred us to two dealers that are local to us (Giant RV and Mike Thompson RV in Colton), however, the dealers don't want to take on these repairs, as they don't feel comfortable they can do them right. Obviously, if that's the case, I'd rather they don't do them, either! Anyone have this type of issue? We wanted to go to a high end coach repair/remodel facility (Signature Coachworks in Beaumont), as they seem to know what they're doing, but Winnebago Customer Care said we have to go to their approved dealers. Need advice asap! Thanks.
If a Winnebago referred dealer say's they are not comfortable doing the work
You should try and get that in writing although I doubt they will admit on paper, you could write down that managers name date and time you spoke document conversation take a photo to keep as evidence that's key to supporting your argument write every thing down date and time so important it may also be worth talking with an attorney to see what your legal options are. So sad we have to go to these lengths been there done that its a fight worth having its stressful either way.
Good Luck hope you get the results you wanted.
Kindest Regards
Onebrit
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 12:16 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank you! Luckily, both dealer service advisors emailed me that they can't do the work, so I have it in writing! I called Customer Care and the guy there told me they will be referring my case to a "district manager" who could authorize an independent shop. It's been 1 1/2 days since then and I have not heard from the district manager. I guess I'll be calling Customer Care again tomorrow!
Old 06-23-2020, 03:36 AM   #8

I don’t like hearing these things.
I hope you can get it fixed correctly.
I would write a letter to the CEO. Send it FEDEX signature required.
Explain your problem in detail in a nice manner. Letters like this does wonders with responsible CEOs. “ DO NOT Threaten him”
I would avoid lawyers until you really need one.
Heck, you bought their top of the line MH he should fix it quick.
PS - sounds like you might need to do a trip to Forrest City.
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:01 PM   #9

Hi
Thanks for your feed back just to follow up I had similar experience also dealing with a District Manager whom was extremely rude and ignorant, I did seek legal advise that's why I suggested the documentation however I agree with the no threat approach however if after you have been Mr. nice guy you may find you'll have to get a little tougher. You may add that your hoping for positive outcome to this communication in a timely and reasonable manner.
And you can become your own attorney by saying if your not happy with response, that you will discuss further course of action with your council as your not happy with action to date they don't know who your council is but its a commonly used between client and lawyer. Again if all fails a real Lawyer may be needed I was successful with out but your letters and full documentation on hand will expedite a Lawyers work and save you money. Its the game they play unfortunately and they just hope you'll go away if they can delay delay delay. PS. any photographic evidence of your compliant is very useful.
Good Luck Onebrit
Old 06-24-2020, 10:15 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Update:

Well, it looks like we're finally getting something done on this! The manager at Winnebago's Junction City location suggested I check out a place called RV Pros in Jurupa, just west of Riverside, CA. I went there yesterday to see the facility and speak to their manager in person. I was impressed! They have a full service facility that does everything from exterior paint/body to interior items such as flooring, cabinets, and AV. It looks like they know what they're doing, as they have the body repair contract for the Riverside Transit Authority and had two city buses they were working on. They also had several high end motorhomes there, which makes me feel better. They are also an authorized Winnebago repair facility! In fact, the manager had already been in contact with the district manager about my case, so that was a plus. He put me on the schedule for mid-July and said our repairs should take about 2-3 weeks at their shop.

I spoke to the manager at the Junction City facility today. He's also been in contact with the district manager about my case. He said the reason that person hadn't contacted me was because he was going through some serious medical issues with his back or hip. I understand that, as my wife has been through both! Anyway, the Junction City manager told me no further work will be required from me, as they are handling it. He will be shipping our parts from Junction City to RV Pros in Jurupa, so they'll be there when the shop is ready for us. I'll post an update when it's all over. Thank you to those that offered advice. It's very much appreciated!
Old 06-24-2020, 05:05 PM   #11

Onebrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETLT View Post
Update:

Well, it looks like we're finally getting something done on this! The manager at Winnebago's Junction City location suggested I check out a place called RV Pros in Jurupa, just west of Riverside, CA. I went there yesterday to see the facility and speak to their manager in person. I was impressed! They have a full service facility that does everything from exterior paint/body to interior items such as flooring, cabinets, and AV. It looks like they know what they're doing, as they have the body repair contract for the Riverside Transit Authority and had two city buses they were working on. They also had several high end motorhomes there, which makes me feel better. They are also an authorized Winnebago repair facility! In fact, the manager had already been in contact with the district manager about my case, so that was a plus. He put me on the schedule for mid-July and said our repairs should take about 2-3 weeks at their shop.

I spoke to the manager at the Junction City facility today. He's also been in contact with the district manager about my case. He said the reason that person hadn't contacted me was because he was going through some serious medical issues with his back or hip. I understand that, as my wife has been through both! Anyway, the Junction City manager told me no further work will be required from me, as they are handling it. He will be shipping our parts from Junction City to RV Pros in Jurupa, so they'll be there when the shop is ready for us. I'll post an update when it's all over. Thank you to those that offered advice. It's very much appreciated!
RETLT
That's sound great much better reaction than I had with my coach our dealership that sold it to me just gave me the run around including bad experience with Winnebago District Manager, our coach was brand new and I found all kinds of issues they were supposedly fixing during my walk through which I really didn't mind as long as they did a good job. Having said the latter wasn't to be I took delivery and after getting home on closer inspection I found several major issues and the battle started. So I'm happy to hear your going in the right direction and hopefully will be a happy camper when work is complete.
Good Luck
Onebrit

Tags
need help, service, warranty