Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2006, 12:25 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

I first want to say thank you for all the help you have already provided me. Thanks to the trouble shooting abilities and repair suggestions from those on this forum, I now have windshield wipers that park in the proper position, and my dash a/c fan works correctly. You have saved me countless hours trouble shooting, and many dollars in repair cost.

Now comes my next question. In the below photo on the left is the top area of my coach fuse panel. on the top of the panel are several connectors (holding one removed on the right). They plug in to the power taps and hold snugly due to the phone line type clip. The connection is made via a spade connector inside the casing. Does anyone know where I can obtain a small supply of these connectors?

Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:25 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I first want to say thank you for all the help you have already provided me. Thanks to the trouble shooting abilities and repair suggestions from those on this forum, I now have windshield wipers that park in the proper position, and my dash a/c fan works correctly. You have saved me countless hours trouble shooting, and many dollars in repair cost.

Now comes my next question. In the below photo on the left is the top area of my coach fuse panel. on the top of the panel are several connectors (holding one removed on the right). They plug in to the power taps and hold snugly due to the phone line type clip. The connection is made via a spade connector inside the casing. Does anyone know where I can obtain a small supply of these connectors?

Old 04-16-2006, 01:28 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kazoo Tom:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom,

My local Bumper to Bumper auto parts store has a seperate rack with a large selection of these types of connecters.

Neil
Old 04-16-2006, 02:06 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I haven't tried the local auto supply stores yet, but I will. I have tried the hardware stores and Lowe's etc. with no luck. I'll make a run to the auto store as soon as I can get there. I am hoping that this is not some propietary item used only by Winnebago.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Check your local RV sales and parts store closest to you!

DFW, Texas
Dougmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 03:20 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Have you tried Radio Shack ? I usually can find what I need there and if not they have ordered parts .
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 04:10 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I think the auto parts store is probably going to be your best bet. But in a pinch I would also think just a plain spade connector ( looks like the female side of the connector in your hand?) would work just as well. Unless the connection is under some type of stress that could pull it apart I would think you would be ok without the phone hook type addition to the connector. Another good source for electrical connectors is any auto sound/security type business that installs high end stereos and security devices.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 05:00 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions. I'll take the photo to radio shack and the local auto sound store.

Easyrider, it is actually the male part of the spade connector contained in the plastic sleeve. A bare connector will work just fine, and was used that way by a previous owner - note the red wire in the photo at the left side. It seems to be holding just fine, but the connector used by Winnebago locks in place, and is a perfect fit for the power block.

I haven't tried Winnie customer service yet, I was hoping I could find something locally. Or a supplier that might be a bit more economical.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:27 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

An Update

I want to thank everyone for your suggestions. I checked the automotive parts stores, stereo shops, and Radio Shack with no luck. It was once again Lichtsinn Motors to the rescue. They were able to locate the exact parts I needed and have them on the way. If you ever need anything related to Winnebago give them a try. Their service, at least for me, has been great.