Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2021, 03:17 PM   #1

New to Motorhome and need some help!

Hello everyone,
I have some experience with TT and 5th wheels but just purchased a 2019 Winnebago Pulse 25B motorhome. Took it on its initial shakedown camp out and lets just say I have a few projects ahead of me.

1. Could not get hot water- original owners burned up original Water heater and had a new one installed 2/20 a Truma Aqua Go tankless heater. I made sure all the air was out of everything and got it to fire up but it would not stay fired up and we barely got tepid water. Needless to say the misses was not really happy. Any ideas??
2. Replaced coach batteries before trip as the old ones were dead and would not come back after charging. Does the shore power charge these? It appeared that after 4 days of camping ( connected to 30 amp shore) that my “auxiliary battery” indicator showed that it was at 0%. After driving for several hours on way home I checked indicator and they were at 100%. So assume the Alternator/battery charged them??
3. Dometic refrigerator- runs fine when plugged into shore, what should it use when on road? Propane? Battery? Anyway it wasnt working while we drove.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
DRTalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2021, 03:28 PM   #2

1, faucet needs to be wide open for good hot water. May want to leave water pump on also, if pressure is low.

2, A, Did you have the Store / Use switch on ? It needs to be on for the converter/charger to charge the battery. Most are near the door.

2, B, Did you accidently cross the cables while changing batteries. The converter/charger has 2 fuses that blow to protect it.

2,D, Is the circuit breaker for the " CON " on in the breaker panel. Con means converter and needs to be on.

3, Fridge needs propane on, or tank valve open, AND 12 volts from the battery. Again, the Use/Store or Aux Batt or Battery Disconnect Switch, near the door must be on.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:54 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Dave! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Congrats on the new rig! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:05 PM   #4

Truma Aqua go has on/off outside on the unit and a control switch inside. You need to switch both off and then on.

Here’s what the inside switch looks like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DA5C0896-427B-45D0-8E6A-0975E1AAEADC.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	276.1 KB
ID:	324325

Not sure why it shows up-side-down here.

If you had switched both inside off then on, where you on the eco setting?
Old 04-08-2021, 08:01 PM   #5

Hot water heater in motorhome

Tc
i am attaching the only pics for the truma hw heater that is on my coach. I dont have the dial that you show. I followed the directions and it simply would not get water hot. Barely warm even with faucet wide open.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2ECC6460-B038-4557-B99E-4C3C3980D9B2.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	324342   Click image for larger version

Name:	00DFCCB3-10FA-4639-A449-2BB71E6846B0.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	324343  

Old 04-08-2021, 08:57 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Does your rig have a water heater bypass for winterization? If it does and the bypass valve is open, you will not get hot water.
960 watts of solar, 440 Amp hours AGM batteries
KCFDCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:31 PM   #7

I will check and see about bypass, pretty sure it does and i have it closed.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:12 AM   #8

Your outside picture is the same as mine. To my knowledge, they all have the dial inside somewhere. My inside dial is in my bedroom closet.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:22 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don't see the "Pulse" in the Winnebago lineup. There is a Fleetwood Pulse. If so, your questions might be best directed there. Congrats on new coach!
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 11:17 AM   #10

Oops, Yes it is a fleetwood not a Winnebago...

So thanks for clearing up what I actually own.. A Fleetwood Pulse 25B.... CRS moment apparently.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:32 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Getting warm water instead of hot is often a symptom of the outside shower valves being turned on, but with the shut off at the shower head off to prevent water from spraying. The valves being open allow hot and cold to mix and the other faucets don't get fully hot water as expected.

Tags
motor, motorhome