Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2021, 04:21 AM   #1

Question New to us 2005 Winnebago Dishwasher Question

Hello,

I have a new-to-us 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD. (Previous 5th wheel owners) The dishwasher does not have power to it. It is a Fisher & Paykel brand. This unit was winterized and the door to the dishwasher will not shut. I can't turn it on because there is no power to it. Is there a place that it would be plugged in or possibly a breaker?

I appreciate any help!
kenclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2021, 06:18 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
First off, Welcome to IRV2!

These dishwashers are just plug in appliances. There should be a 120v outlet under the cabinets near the dishwasher where it's plugged in. If it is plugged in, then check for power at the outlet.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:35 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The 110 Volt Load Center/Auto Transfer Switch diagram for your coach shows that you have a separate circuit breaker for the dishwasher--it's the right-most 15A one in the main panel (see page 4 of the diagram).

The Body, 110 Volt Wiring Installation diagram shows on page 3 that the actual outlet for the dishwasher is inside the cabinet in the right front (presumably not accessible without removing the DishDrawer).

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:02 PM   #4

Thanks,. I found a breaker that was off. Now I'm trying to keep the thing closed. I tried the closed door key combination, but not doing something correctly.
Old 07-31-2021, 03:22 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenclay View Post
Thanks,. I found a breaker that was off. Now I'm trying to keep the thing closed. I tried the closed door key combination, but not doing something correctly.
Are you talking about keeping it closed when stationary, or when driving? Running or turned off?

Old 07-31-2021, 03:45 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I found that when the DishDrawer is running it will always open with an outward pull on the drawer handle, even if the Keylock or Childlock is activated. Unfortunately, that means that when driving the motion of the coach can at times make it think you're pulling on the handle, causing it to shutdown and open. Grrr!

Our solution in our 36RD is to put the footstool from our recliner between the DishDrawer and the dinette opposite it when driving with the washer running. It fits nicely and securely and works well. You may find that you can use something else to brace the DishDrawer from whatever is opposite it in your coach--good luck!

Old 07-31-2021, 05:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Are you talking about keeping it closed when stationary, or when driving? Running or turned off?

Yes, I am talking about keeping it closed when driving.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:34 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenclay View Post
Hello,

I have a new-to-us 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD. (Previous 5th wheel owners) The dishwasher does not have power to it. It is a Fisher & Paykel brand. This unit was winterized and the door to the dishwasher will not shut. I can't turn it on because there is no power to it. Is there a place that it would be plugged in or possibly a breaker?

I appreciate any help!
Your coach is the same as our last one. Look in your information bag. You have the operation manual for the dishwasher in it. There is an option for locking the drawer when you close it, as I recall. We never had a problem with it opening when traveling.

Tags
dish, dishwasher, winnebago