RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2020, 08:20 PM   #1

New to Us 2010 Winnebago Tour 40CD

I just wanted to do an official introduction as owners of a new-to-us 2010 Winnebago Tour. We have had travel trailers for 11 years, then a fifth wheel for five years and this is our first class A.

We live in Lancaster Couty, PA, and want to take this very nice class A on longer cross-country trips over the next few years. We travel with four big greyhounds so we needed a floor plan with plenty of floor space for dog pillows and this unit -- with three slides -- has floor space.

I am bumping into a lot of questions as we prepare to store the unit for winter. For example I don't know if we should store the vehicle at winter temperatures with the batteries fully charged and both coach and chassis power turned off or if it's better to plug in the coach and leave both systems on and charging. I also wonder if the batteries charge the unit if it is plugged in while both disconnect switches are switched "off."

Lots of questions but I know this is the place to ask them.

Larry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TourCD-SC1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	310190   Click image for larger version

Name:	TourCD-SC2.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	310191  

Grapehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2020, 09:17 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum and congrats on a good looking coach.

You are joining a good group of folks here with good information to share. Read the various threads here and ask questions as they come up or add information if you can. You will find the answers to your questions here for sure.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:44 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Beautiful coach. Very nice shine.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:10 PM   #4

TPMS Question

TonyDi, we have a TST TPMS too. It's model TM-507SG. Can you air up the tires through the valve stem sending units or do they need to be removed first? I don't wnat to damage anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TPMS.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	310246  
Old 12-04-2020, 01:19 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Definitely leave it plugged in. Your chassis battery may or may not charge from inverter/charger. Check your Battery Volt Meter to see if both batteries are at charging level. To find out if batteries charge with Battery Switch switched to off, measure voltage at batteries with volt meter in both positions of switches.

Another option is to remove the batteries and keep in a warm garage with Trickle Charger on them.
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 02:01 AM   #6

Thank you John! I worry about hauling six batteries in and out of the coach, and reconnecting them correctly, so I think my preference would be to keep the batteries charging during the cold weather. I can turn the shut off switches back on if that's needed to charge. With switches "on" I am showing 13.2-13.6 volts.
Old 12-05-2020, 12:07 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Grapehound, welcome to the forum and to Winnebago. We have a 2010 Journey, and the charger/converter is a three stage (bulk when batt's are low, charge when they are not full, and float when they are charged). Therefore you can leave it plugged in. Also, it trickle charge the engine batt's. I assume the batteries need to be connected.
Here's a number you should put on speed dial 800.537-1885, it's the line to Winnebago Service Tech's. They've been a tremendous help to me over the years.
Skip Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 12:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapehound View Post
TonyDi, we have a TST TPMS too. It's model TM-507SG. Can you air up the tires through the valve stem sending units or do they need to be removed first? I don't wnat to damage anything.
With those sending units you can air up right through them. On the batteries I usually make sure they are charged up and disconnect the cables for the winter. I live in SW Mn so we get some pretty cold temps. except for this year so far.

Tags
winnebago