Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2020, 05:57 AM   #1

New Winnie

Just purchased a 2000 Winnebego Adventurer 35u-41k miles v-10-really in good shape on top and the undercarriage, can't see any water damage anywhere around the windshield or on the dash, it got some different kind of heater and AC unit that I am not familiar with, can anybody tell me something positive about this system-Thanks Rich
pushtrk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2020, 06:13 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
are AC/Heat pump that is under that back end of your motorhome? It is like a residential air-conditioning unit. I had on in an 05 journey and it worked very well.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:13 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
The basement A/C-heat pump works very well, have had a '05 Suncruiser, and presently in a '10 Journey and both worked well. Keep the filters clean, and actually use the cheapest filters available as they allow the most airflow (WBGO agrees with this!)
Consider attending WBGO's Grand National Rally in July at the factory rally grounds - lotsa good seminars and shared info.

Skip y
2010 Journey
WIT 47083, FMCA 263635
Skip Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:58 AM   #4

great to hear the heat/AC is something that seems to be good, another question is why would they put the batteries under the steps and to replace them they almost have to be put on their side which would leak the acid out- thought maybe they had a slide out no such luck BUT lukily they are all brand new-TKS Rich
Old 03-22-2020, 08:18 AM   #5

Buying used rvs is a gamble i know but this 2000 winney is pretty good drives well, upgrading the sway bars with CHF, making a trac bar for the rear, pulled out 90# tv and will be installing smart tv along with a king antenna and all new coax, found the black potty gate valve leaked so that is put to top of list to fix-the radio is cassette and will replace it with a newer cd player ( might be problem since it is mounted with two holes with nuts ) found some sort of leak on rear bedroom slide but haven't pinpointed the leak yet and it is a tiny leak this is our 4th mh and seems to us Winnebago builds a pretty good MH-haven't got to use heat pump yet but was told it worked by dealer (YEA RIGHT) it has a Aleko w5700 electric awning that looks new but wires are cut so i need to look into that, if i can ever figure out to open it manually, seems to be a secret, nobody knows anything about it even dealers-Anyhow 5 stars to Winnabego
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4290.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	278687  
Old 03-22-2020, 08:29 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
The original Magnadyne Radio was 1 1/2 DIN. Magnadyne has a 1 DIN Adapter

Magnadyne 1 DIN RV Adapter
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 05:50 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mine came with a single DIN Sony. I replaced it with an updated Sony no problem

2007 Forest River Lexington Ford E450 Chassis
bruceh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:05 AM   #8

Here is what radio in dash looks like-I would prefer a replacement that would bolt right in but play cd instead of cassette any suggestions-TKS RICH
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_4305.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	278956   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4306.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	335.5 KB
ID:	278957  

Old 03-24-2020, 01:15 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
That is precisely what I did. Have a look at Crutchfield and or Amazon for replacement Sony. Don't even have to change the plug.

Old 03-24-2020, 05:29 PM   #10

BRUCEH can you send me the name and number of the radio you put in and a picture would be fantastic tks Rich
Old 03-25-2020, 12:19 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushtrk99 View Post
BRUCEH can you send me the name and number of the radio you put in and a picture would be fantastic tks Rich
The model # of my radio is:

MEX-BT3900U

This won't help much as I did this years ago and model #s change. The current model similar to mine is:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_158G12...U.html?tp=5684

I am not pushing Crutchfield but that is where I got my first Sony. The Sony is the path of least resistance, it is a mechanical job to remove one and replace it with the other. They are also on Amazon. You have to be a little careful with your selection in that a lot of the new radios don't play CDs. I almost never play CDs but use a USB thumb drive with lots of music on it. Everybody has their own preferences, my wife only plays CDs.

I have two of these, I put one in my Jeep also. I got that one from Amazon. The one annoyance I have with the Sony is that it does this obnoxious beep beep when powering off to remind me to remove the faceplate which I never do. If you don't get a removable faceplate, this should not be a problem.

Having said this, I would do it differently now. Wiring up connectors is really simple and Crutchfield will even make adaptors for you, so you are not resticted to Sony.

If I were doing it now, I would pull the backup monitor and replace it with a double din radio capable of a video input. This is what I did in the other motor home. It took a little doing but was not a huge deal. That was a Pioneer from Amazon.

In the Winnebago, I put a microphone on top of the dash for the bluetooth.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:45 AM   #12

how about a few pictures, still confused what holds the radio in the hole after you make it bigger, i assume the adapter bolts to something tks Rich
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_4306.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	335.5 KB
ID:	279171  
Old 03-26-2020, 01:46 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My Winnebago looks just like your Winnebago. The double din installation that I was referring to was in a different kind of motorhome.

If I were to pull the back up camera and replace it with a double din I would have to make up a bracket to hold it. Have a look at the back of the monitor you see what I mean.

If I were doing it now that would be my Approach. As it is my Sony looks just like your Sony excepte it plays CDs, USBS and has Bluetooth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushtrk99 View Post
how about a few pictures, still confused what holds the radio in the hole after you make it bigger, i assume the adapter bolts to something tks Rich