Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2021, 01:50 PM   #1

Newbie question regarding Sunstar vs Vista

Can anyone tell me the difference between a sunstar and a vista MH?

Also, what is the difference between a Sunstar or vista and adventurer? Many of the posts I read on google seem to suggest that the only difference is full body paint? That does not seem correct to me based on the price difference, but I thought I would ask.

I have decided that I would like to purchase a 30' A, and Winnebago seems the best built RV for my price point. I would appreciate hearing from owners who went with a Winnebago for their input and advice.

Thank You in advance

Rob
Rg8043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2021, 01:58 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I have a Vista LX with full body paint and totally happy with it. Two small warrenty issues when new that dealer fixed. Don't ask me about Gulfstream.
Old 08-31-2021, 02:01 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
The Vista and Sunstar (27n) models were identical. There were no quality differences, and the options and available colors were even the same. Both models stayed identical until they were combined and renamed "Adventurer".

There were only about ten options that could be ordered, including full body or half-body paint schemes, but not much else because they all came pretty loaded. That may be why they were moved out of the Vista/Sunstar line.

I don't think anything (except minor styling changes and the MSRP!) is much different since the name change to Adventurer. They've been building them since 2013, with very little changes, so they must have been successful for Winnie.

PS - IMHO all three are GREAT choices for a smaller class A.
Old 08-31-2021, 09:48 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
According to Winnebago website, all 3 still exist with the Adventurer costing more. Friends of mine just bought a 2022 Sunstar, very nice coach
Romer1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 04:04 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rg8043 View Post

Also, what is the difference between a Sunstar or vista and adventurer? Many of the posts I read on google seem to suggest that the only difference is full body paint? That does not seem correct to me based on the price difference, but I thought I would ask.

I have decided that I would like to purchase a 30' A, and Winnebago seems the best built RV for my price point. I would appreciate hearing from owners who went with a Winnebago for their input and advice.

Thank You in advance

Rob
Need more information on exactly which model you are looking at and year.
However for now, The Adventurer is the top of the line Gas model that Winnebago offers. It does have more features than the Sunstar and or Vista models.
Better quality materials and different paint and color schemes. the Adventurer will also have things like 3 places to level the coach from and tank monitors in various places. these are the things that make it more expensive. Or at least it did until they combines Itasca and Winnebago and killed off Itasca (Sunstar), Winnebago (Vista). I think I got that right.
Now the Vista and Sunstar are basically the same but don't share floor plans with the Adventurer.
Old 09-03-2021, 12:20 PM   #6

The Vista and Sunstar are the same coach. They are even built on the same line. The Adventurer is a step up in Class A grade level. It basically replaces what used to be the Vista and Sunstar LX models. The Adventurer comes with full body paint and I believe all Adventurer models come with a heavier chassis that supports 22.5 wheels. I am not sure what Adventurers are actually selling for but the list price seems high to me which makes a comparable Tiffin or Newmar worth looking at. I say that as a 2 time Winnebago owner that thinks they usually provide the best value in a gas class A.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 05:44 AM   #7

If you're buying new, the Vista and Sunstar models all have short king and queen beds (75"). On the Adventurer, all have standard beds except for the 29B. We have a 2015 Itasca Sunstar that is pretty much identical to the Adventurer 27N (and it has a standard queen bed).
novastorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 08:16 AM   #8

As others have said, it likely comes down to the types of materials and features.

We had a 2017 Vista for close to five years and it was excellent. The Vista and Sunstar will have slightly lower quality materials than the Adventurer. For instance, most of the wood cabinets in my Vista were “wrapped”, and the Adventurer is likely solid wood. The Vista rode on 19.5” wheels and the next level up will have 22” wheels. My Vista had a gas-only hot water heater, not a gas/electric model.

I’d take the time to do research and look at both models. They are both great at their price point; it just depends on what you want.
Old 09-08-2021, 09:51 AM   #9

Frame & Tire sizes look the same based on chassis.

Other than the paint job, most other differences are in things like countertop materials, upholstery coverings, and some base model default items.
2017 Winnebago Vista 29ve (Special Edition) Many Mods: Trimark Keyless Entry, Ride Rite Air bags, Roadmaster anti-sway bars, CrossFire dual tire system, TST TPMS, Roadmaster Sterling tow bar. Many little mods.
corvetteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:02 AM   #10

Adventurer

My 38Q is the best RV I have ever owned. Unforunately I am having to sell it since my husband passed after only 6 months.
Good luck with you new venture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rg8043 View Post

Thank You in advance

Rob
truesdall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:17 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvetteSS View Post
Frame & Tire sizes look the same based on chassis.

Other than the paint job, most other differences are in things like countertop materials, upholstery coverings, and some base model default items.
You’re right. I thought the adventurer had the better chassis.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags