Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2019, 07:51 PM   #1

Opinions on Sightseer 36V

Looking into a 2011 Sightseer 36v. Would appreciate any comments, problems, positives, etc. Thanks much in advance for any replies!
richp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2019, 09:30 PM   #2

This might get you started:
https://www.google.com/search?q=2011...earch=irv2.com

Good luck.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:18 PM   #3

I believe I read that the Sightseer name is going away and Adventurer name is coming back.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:50 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rich
We have a 2010 Sightseer 34c on a Ford f53 v10. Have been very happy with it. Seams to be put together very well. Would not hesitate to get another.
Dan
Dan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:40 AM   #5

36V feedback

We used to have a 2015 Sightseer 36V we bought new. We had a few minor issues with it. Overall, we liked it except for the Schwintek slide system it used. That was crap, and I would not recommend buying any used coach of any brand that has Schwintek slides. a 2010 coach probably has hydraulic slides, which are robust and should be fine.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:50 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
We've got a 2013 36v and are quite happy with it. We've had it over a year and taken it out several times, it's been solid and reliable.

To me, the 'proof' that we made the right choice really came a few weeks ago. It was a nice day and wife and I felt like wandering around outside. We weren't far from a Camping World so we went there and walked through all of the Class A RVs they had for sale, both new and used - nothing less expensive than what we paid for ours, many quite a bit more expensive. When we got back in the car I said "you know, there wasn't anything there that really turned my head, nothing nicer than what we've got". My wife said "I wondered if it was just me, I saw the same thing. Some very nice coaches, but nothing nicer than ours, and many of the new ones didn't seem to be as well built to start with".

So there you go. Ours is two years newer than the one you're looking at, which is not a huge difference in my mind, and I'd say 'go for it'.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:06 PM   #7

Thanks for the positive feedback - hoping it doesn't have the bad slides. Driving 6 hours to check it out tomorrow. If it passes my sniff test then I'll contract with an inspector for a thorough review.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:01 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
Rich
We have a 2010 Sightseer 34c on a Ford f53 v10. Have been very happy with it. Seams to be put together very well. Would not hesitate to get another.
Dan
Sorry- should be 33c. Although it is 34ft.
Dan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:09 PM   #9

Had it inspected - very comprehensive report with pics/videos. Made an offer and it was accepted! I will be picking it up after slide out awning toppers are replaced. Thanks for the input.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:01 AM   #10

Congrats

Congrats on the new coach. Enjoy your travels.

Tags
sightseer