Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2016, 11:52 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Over priced window

Priced a window for our 2002 Winn. 32V last year from Atwood Mobile Products, which a lot of us use. Last years price was approx. $ 120.00, didn't order it then just getting price for future. Called yesterday same window $ 653.00 WHAT! Said it isn't a stock item now it's a special order. Anyone know another place to order windows, have a email into Lichtsinn to see their price.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:58 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Custom made always cost more, manufacturers phase in and out certain models and sizes on a daily basis. Looks like you got caught in a change.
But I certainly would look into another place to buy from.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite66 View Post
Priced a window for our 2002 Winn. 32V last year from Atwood Mobile Products, which a lot of us use. Last years price was approx. $ 120.00, didn't order it then just getting price for future. Called yesterday same window $ 653.00 WHAT! Said it isn't a stock item now it's a special order. Anyone know another place to order windows, have a email into Lichtsinn to see their price.
Are you ordering a window complete with the frame or just the glass? I can't believe just the glass would cost that much. I would call back and be sure they're quoting the price for the glass only. We replaced the front passengers side glass a few years ago in our 2001 Adventurer. We ordered just the dual pane glass from Atwood. At the time it cost less than $120.00 with the shipping.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:09 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Hikerdog, That's why I called them last year because you posted about it. I will call them back Monday and ask if that was for just the glass. If it is still that price we'll look into getting a local to see if they'll cut one for us. This is the triangle shaped on the drivers side in front of the power window.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:11 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite66 View Post
Hikerdog, That's why I called them last year because you posted about it. I will call them back Monday and ask if that was for just the glass. If it is still that price we'll look into getting a local to see if they'll cut one for us. This is the triangle shaped on the drivers side in front of the power window.
Tempered glass is so expensive because it cannot be cut to size after tempering. An alternative is Plexiglas or lexan.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:52 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Just curious if that window might be available at an RV salvage yard near you? It may be worth a call to one I don't know. Google it, I saw several in California.

Only critical thing is, are the rubber seals still good, glass without scratches etc. But, there may just be one in great shape out there. Just a thought to help exhaust all possibilities.

Best regards,
W.D.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:27 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

A glass company can cut glass to match and then have it tempered.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Just curious if that window might be available at an RV salvage yard near you? It may be worth a call to one I don't know. Google it, I saw several in California.

Only critical thing is, are the rubber seals still good, glass without scratches etc. But, there may just be one in great shape out there. Just a thought to help exhaust all possibilities.

Best regards,
W.D.
It's a slim chance (about 480 Ultimate's ever were built), but worth some phone calls to places on this list: RV salvage and surplus dealers in the US and CA.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:21 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Have you tried WinnebagoParts.com? They're about 16 miles east of Forest City, IA. I'm told they buy truckloads of WGO excess inventory and have bought lots of small stuff from them. I currently have a RFQ into them for a piece of the dash.
LeeOts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window