Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2014, 07:43 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Overall Length of a 2012 Winnebago Tour

I have a 2012 Winnebago Tour. Winnebago lists the length as 14' 10". I went to put my coach in a storage facility with an advertised length of 44' X 15".

When I pulled it in it would not fit. The Coach was about a foot too long.

Even if the ladder was not on the coach and the mirrors were tucked in I still would have been about a foot to long for the unit.

Either Winnebago or the storage facility's specs are off. I suspect the latter as the width did not seem to be 15 feet to me.

Has anyone run into this? What would be the recommended storage length? I was lucky to find space nearby at a small airport that had an unused hanger.

Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova 42qd View Post
I have a 2012 Winnebago Tour. Winnebago lists the length as 14' 10". I went to put my coach in a storage facility with an advertised length of 44' X 15".

When I pulled it in it would not fit. The Coach was about a foot too long.

Even if the ladder was not on the coach and the mirrors were tucked in I still would have been about a foot to long for the unit.

Either Winnebago or the storage facility's specs are off. I suspect the latter as the width did not seem to be 15 feet to me.

Has anyone run into this? What would be the recommended storage length? I was lucky to find space nearby at a small airport that had an unused hanger.

Thanks.
I'm betting the advertised length of the storage unit is wrong or misinterpreted. Our 2013 Adventurer is the exact measurements quoted in the brochure. Keep in mind however the length and height are measured to the tallest or widest "Standard Feature" on the coach. If you have added a an "optional" satellite dish or if the ladder was an "optional' item yours could be taller or longer than the published information. The width is regulated by federal law. Anything over 8'6" requires a special permit and/or license to travel on federal highways. The widest Winnebago products are 8' 5.5" to comply with the law.

Also the interior width of the storage unit is measured wall to wall. The door is usually narrower than the inside of the unit. In addition some units have exposed support columns inside. As I said earlier the standard interior measurement is from wall to wall. You could have as much as a foot of interior space side to side that's not usable.

The interior length is also measured wall to wall. The inside of the overhead door is likely not flush with the interior surface of the front wall. There are also likely support columns inside the rear wall that shorten the usable length.

Our first storage unit was 16' wide. However the door was only 10' wide. We had only 1/4" clearance on each side with the mirrors folded in. There was no room for error when passing through the door. Our current storage unit is advertised as 14' wide. However the interior support beams have only 13' 4" between them

Tags
winnebago