Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2020, 04:06 PM   #15

I got the RV home with parking brake chimes and lights constantly on for the 90 minute drive. I called the FL help line. I disconnected the parking brake switch (per their instructions), no change. We can rule out the parking brake switch. Now they think there could be a ground short in the wiring harness or a bad LBCU. I need to remove the "C5" pin from the harness and plug back in to see if there is a problem in the wire. How do I access this harness and where do I find it? They sent me the parking brake schematic but it is so blurry and impossible to read.
Desiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2020, 04:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
Have you checked to see if the slides go in and out with the warning beeping? I had a similar problem and the slides wouldn't retract too. The emergency air brake switch (Yellow diamond shaped button) has an electrical switch married to it that controls a number of "safety" items wired through it. Some of these make sense and some don't. Do you intend to drive down the road with a slide out or the jacks down??? DuuuHH?). Replacing the switch is easy or hard depending on how difficult it is to get at. When I had the problem a couple of hard fist bumps got the switch to allow my slides to come in and for to get it home.
Pigman, slide and jacks work with the warning blaring. No problems with them.
Old 06-15-2020, 04:46 PM   #17

Were they talking about removing the C-5 wire from the LBCU connector ?
That would be at the back of the LBCU in the dash board .

You would require wiring diagrams of the dash harness , to properly identify the connector and determine which is the C-5 wire. Freightliner supplied that info for me years ago . Ask for complete wiring diagrams and schematics. Good info to keep with the coach .
If you get them and have any trouble reading the info . PM me and we'll figure them out.

I have all this info for my 99 chassis , but with 16 years and two changes of dash gauge / light /warning, systems in those years , it'll be no use to you .
Old 06-15-2020, 04:50 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This manual may help. Skip is correct. My dash has access screws around a half moon cover and then slides back out of the way.
Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LBCU info and diagnostics.pdf (220.3 KB, 34 views)
Old 06-15-2020, 05:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevman View Post
This manual may help. Skip is correct. My dash has access screws around a half moon cover and then slides back out of the way.
Good luck.
Nice info .
I'll be hanging on to a copy .
I wondered if this info was out there , I have the similar PDF for my VDC/MC system .
Old 06-23-2020, 08:47 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Any update from the OP on this issue?
Old 06-24-2020, 06:24 AM   #21

I have a new switch to install and a Friday appointment with the mechanic. I will keep you posted...
Old 07-03-2020, 06:49 AM   #22

UPDATE. Parkin brake switch was changed out. No change. Off to Freightliner I go. $600 later, they tell me it is not a Freightliner issue, but an issue with whatever harness is connected to it from Winnebago. They said when they unplug that harness, the light and chime go out. Does anyone know what the harness is connected to and it’s purpose?
Old 07-03-2020, 07:09 AM   #23

Parking Brake Chime Remains On Please Help!

Has anyone ever had heir parking brake light and chime remain on while driving? If so, what did you do to fix it. It is happening to me with my 2015 Itasca Ellipse on a Freightliner chassis. Freightliner told me it is in Winnebago’s wiring harness that is connected to the parking brake? What is tied into that harness?
Old 07-03-2020, 11:17 AM   #24

So your sensor replacement didn't fix the issue ??

Winnebago ; would tie in to; the brake on sensor wiring ; make sure the park brake was set for , leveler and slide operation .
Old 07-03-2020, 12:08 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
So your sensor replacement didn't fix the issue ??

Winnebago ; would tie in to; the brake on sensor wiring ; make sure the park brake was set for , leveler and slide operation .
It did not. I took it to Freightliner. They diagnosed it. $600 later they told me it is in the Winnebago harness that is connected to the switch. When they unplug the harness, the chime goes away. Now I have to find a Winnebago repair center I presume.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:22 PM   #26

You could try looking through your wiring info on this Winnebago site ; just to see if anything might be straight forward.

Wiring Diagrams
Old 07-04-2020, 06:57 AM   #27

Sweet! Thank you, Skip!
Old 07-05-2020, 05:58 PM   #28

Onebrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiday View Post
It did not. I took it to Freightliner. They diagnosed it. $600 later they told me it is in the Winnebago harness that is connected to the switch. When they unplug the harness, the chime goes away. Now I have to find a Winnebago repair center I presume.
Hi
Did I miss something here, if you disconnect the harness from the limit switch and chime stops then I would think the limit switch wasn't going open which means the switch was bad. If it was a wire to wire short in the harness the chime would continue, really interested to know what solves that problem I may be barking up the wrong tree not understanding what's controlling the on off condition of the chime.
Kindest Regards
Onebrit
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, parking