Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2020, 06:42 AM   #1

Picking up 2011 Vista

Going to pick up a 2011 vista 26p. Fly in drive out. Need to know from other vista 26p owners air pressure for the ride home until I can get a four corner weight. Dealers always put in the max and I would prefer not to drive 700 miles on maxed out tires. Did a search and couldnt find anything !
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2020, 07:39 AM   #2

I would put in what the placard under the driver side window says. It is Winnebago's recommended pressure and nowhere near max.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridge-fl View Post
I would put in what the placard under the driver side window says. It is Winnebago's recommended pressure and nowhere near max.
thats what I will do ; got used to the placards saying full tire pressure on the tire and that gives a terrible ride.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:25 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
First question is are the tires new or at least less than 3 years old? Check the date code on the side because you may be in for a surprise and need to replace the tires. I will almost bet they are the original tires on the unit.
Oh yeah put in what the placard next to the driver says and fill the Potable Water tank with water. The ballast will improve the ride.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:01 AM   #5

the tires are 2018's. And the batteries are also.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
Going to pick up a 2011 vista 26p. Fly in drive out. Need to know from other vista 26p owners air pressure for the ride home until I can get a four corner weight. Dealers always put in the max and I would prefer not to drive 700 miles on maxed out tires. Did a search and couldnt find anything !
I have the same year and model
I run at 82-85
Do the CHF and rear track bar if it hasn't been done on it.
jomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 02:46 PM   #7

I told the tire shop in knoxville all at 85. Had them do an alignment on their dime . Crazy harsh ride but no sway or roll. Dont know how it stays together as rough as the ride is. Looked underneath and it had bilstein shocks ; dont know if thats factory or even how old. Waiting for a call from the previous owner.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
I told the tire shop in knoxville all at 85. Had them do an alignment on their dime . Crazy harsh ride but no sway or roll. Dont know how it stays together as rough as the ride is. Looked underneath and it had bilstein shocks ; dont know if thats factory or even how old. Waiting for a call from the previous owner.
The harsh ride might be cause it's empty. Mine drives fine for a big box truck.
Load it with water and fuel and see how it goes. They came with Bilsteins "the yellow and blue ones". I try to keep the extra weight up front as best I can. I 've heard that some guys will get some iron weights up front to get the springs to compress a little or they get softer springs. I don't think that's necessary in my case. Remember it's a truck so it's gonna drive like one. I stay around 65-68 mph max. I can go faster but the tires on these things are rated at 75 mph.
Check out the Cheap Handling Fix. You can go to the Ford Chassis forum and get lots of info. Good luck
jomo is offline   Reply With Quote