Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2016, 06:17 PM   #1

Please help with info

Hello we bought a 2017 yes 2017 not 2016
Winnebago Instinct 33BHSL the 2017 is not even listed NADA
My question is when you look at the Winnebago web site or type in Winnebago Towables only the Minnies come up if I type the model in a search it comes up ? I was wanting to sell this as the Bed room set up just doesnot work for us,outher than that its a quality built Camper

any info you knowledgeable folks can help with would be great Just wondering whats going on seams like if you went to there towable web site it would show up under the Camper listings Thanks
bunkhouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2016, 07:10 PM   #2

19 people have looked at my post no info ??

did Winnebago discontinue the instinct models ?? Just a question ?
bunkhouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:20 PM   #3

Be patient, people will comment....sometimes it's fast, sometimes it's slow.

We did the same thing you did. Bought a 2017 24' TT in June of 2016, but soon realized it wasn't going to work and we ended up buying our MH. If you purchased any extended warranties, life insurance or any other extras and rolled them into the loan, the first thing you need to do is cancel those extra policies. That takes about 30-45 days to process and reflect in the loan balance. After that, you'll know what your real leftover loan amount is. If you paid cash then forget what I just said.

Assuming everything is still in brand new condition and everything works you'll need to discount it approx. 15% - 20% maybe more if it's not a real desirable trailer. Depends on the market and where you are. If you sell it yourself you'll take a less of a hit. So for example, if you paid $20K for it, discount it 20% you'll get 16K for it. If you take it to a dealer on consignment and ask 16K, they'll sell it for 16K and then take an additional 10% or so. Trade-ins about the same. Consignment & trade in is the worst deal.

The reason you have to go to 20% - 25% is, your warranty is usually nontransferable. The new buyer will have to have some incentive to buy it without warranty. Plus you don't offer financing so you have to sweeten the pot.

We paid 17,200 for ours and then made some upgrades and a few goodies right off the bat. 4 months later sold it for 13,500. Shame huh? But the truth of the matter is "it's used now". The new buyer could of bought a new one from a dealer for $14.900—with a warranty—but they bought ours instead cause they saved about $1,500 bucks and got some pretty nice free goodies too. I didn't like taking that hit but you know what...life carries on, we wanted to move on and so that's what we did. We sold it on Craig's List to the first buyer that looked at it. He paid for it upfront, I paid off the loan a few days later (once the money was verified and good) and he waited for 3 weeks till the title was mailed to me and then I signed it over to him.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:49 PM   #4

2017 Winnebago Instinct 33BHSL

New for $45K
New 2017 Winnebago Industries Towables Instinct 33BHSL Travel Trailer at Freedom RV USA | Liberty Lake, WA | #203779

New (Used Private Seller) $31.5K
2017 Winnebago INSTINCT 33BHSL, Algoa TX - - RVtrader.com

It does appear that 'Instinct' has been dropped
Go to Winnebago website and no Instinct Models shown or represented.
Use search on website and the Instinct Model shows but only 2016 (1st year was 2015) and no mention of 2017 model
https://winnebagoind.com/products/tr...tinct/overview
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote