Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2019, 12:09 PM   #1

Plumbing Access to Vanity Faucet 04 Journey

Vanity faucet leaking by. Due to rusted out hold down screw, not sure that I can utilize a repair kit. Has anyone removed this vanity to install new faucet?
Thanks,
Ron
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #2

Replaced my vanity faucet with a Moen household faucet. Bolted right in.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:56 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I too replaced my vanity faucet with a household unit from Lowes. Didn't remove the vanity, just the faucet. Not too difficult. It was tight work but I got it done.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:09 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I did ours also faucet from Home Depot fit fine I did remove the shelf underneath to get better access. Was a bit of a pain but then I left it out afterwards it opened up the space under the sink and made it more usable!
Old 04-12-2019, 01:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo88 View Post
Vanity faucet leaking by. Due to rusted out hold down screw, not sure that I can utilize a repair kit. Has anyone removed this vanity to install new faucet?
Thanks,
Ron
Ron,
As you can read, it's been done by a few. Yep, no doubt about it, it's cramped up and behind the sink. I just did it a couple of months ago. I ended up using what the wife wanted, a single handle new Delta (I think, memories useless now) and, with the use of a faucet wrench and some long needle nosed pliers etc. and I finally got it all done. I kept the original drain and sink stopper 'cause it fit better than the new one that came in the Delta kit.
It's so nice to have a single handle faucet.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:30 PM   #6

04 journey vanity

Thanks for the replies.

Not sure that my vanity matches up with any of yours. Mine looks like Ben's if his is the "LD" model. Bottom line is that I guess it can be done, but I wish I was as nimble/flexible as I was 50 years ago.
Best case scenario...I can remove the rusted screw that holds the handle on w/o destroying it. If so, I can just use the repair kit.
Thanks again,
Ron
Old 04-12-2019, 08:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo88 View Post
Thanks for the replies.

Not sure that my vanity matches up with any of yours. Mine looks like Ben's if his is the "LD" model. Bottom line is that I guess it can be done, but I wish I was as nimble/flexible as I was 50 years ago.
Best case scenario...I can remove the rusted screw that holds the handle on w/o destroying it. If so, I can just use the repair kit.
Thanks again,
Ron
BINGO!!!
You just said a mouthful partner. We'd all like to be as "nimble" as we were QUITE a few years ago.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey, plumbing