Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2018, 10:22 AM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Power Gear Hydraulic Jacks - 2009 Destination - Where's the power

Also posted at The RV Community Forum -

2009 Winnebago Destination 37G. Power Gear hydraulic jacks with spring return. The switch panel (not the Control Board) shows a low voltage alert and the system does not work. Chassis batteries with engine running has 13.8vdc. According to all diagrams I have found, power goes to the solenoid and then to the Control Board and then back to the switch panel. No breakers, relays or any other interruption in the power circuit shown. Is to be a cable #4 or better, from the chassis batteries to the solenoid. Cable is to be marked with blue tape. Winnebago diagrams does show where the cable to the solenoid - located front right - appears to hit (connect) to an isolated stud on the front of the front left electrical cabinet. There is connects to the chassis batteries in the rear.

Troubleshooting - Confirm 13.8vdc at solenoid at the solenoid with Chassis Battery switch in the "on" position. Confirm 13.8vdc at the solenoid with the engine running, and confirm 13.8vdc at the chassis battery.
Confirm 0 vdc when the switch panel is activated. Confirm, removing fuse from the wire to the Control Board and voltage goes to 13.8vdc.

When a load (Switch Panel activation) is placed on the solenoid the supply voltage goes to 0 (zero).

I cannot find the other end of the wire (#4 cable) that goes to the solenoid. Placing a tone on the cable, I can hear the tone at a multi connector on the front of the left front electrical cabinet. However, this connector is all #12 wires and nothing in the front left electrical cabinet is a #4, let alone marked with a blue tag.

I am now down to "running" the wire physically from the solenoid to find the connection point - I am hoping that someone else can provide details on this. Winnebago Technical Support has been great through email and by phone, but they state that it should be as drawn.

TIA - not looking forward to crawling underneath in the gravel -
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2018, 06:19 PM   #2

I had a similar problem 2 months ago with 2012 Winnebago Sightseer. I was on the road for a month, came home and moved my RV the next day and got the errors you indicated. I ended up pulling the electrical motor that drives the hydraulic pump. It wouldn’t work on a bench with 12V so I pulled the rotor out and saw 4 brushes in the stator. 2 of the 4 brushes were stuck. There is a plastic plug on the outside of the stator housing that when removed gave me the ability to loosen the brushes up. It worked - system worked great after reassembly.
LogHomeFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:24 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Well it is fixed. A $25 Harbor Freight toner and chaser is what helped the most. That isolated connection for the pump is located outside the left rear cabinet and not the outside of the left front cabinet. It is located right above the muffler, and where the Motor Home is sitting it was near impossible to get there. One arm, I could just get the wrench on the nut and tighten it more than 1/4 inch. Good and snug now and the jacks work perfectly. Maybe in the "future" and the Motor Home is parked in a more level condition, I'll get under there and put a lock washer on it.

Tags
hydraulic, jacks, power, power gear