Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2006, 09:15 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

I'm trying to remove the control panel off the wall so I can try to finely adjust the holding tank indicator lights. I've removed the six phillips head screws but its like either there are more screws or it is glued to the wall board from just top edge of thermostate up along the edge of the tank indicator lights. I can pull the panel away from the wall about an inch at the top but down to where the indicator lights are its still solid to the wall, and I can get my finger nails under the bottom edge. I'm afraid to pull too much from the top for fear of bending or creasing the control panel. Is there something I'm not seeing or have they glued it down along the edges of the indicator lights? I removed the cover of the thermostate and loosened the two phillips screws that holds it down but just the thermostate moved, it didn't loosen the whole panel anymore than it was. Any thoughts??
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:15 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I'm trying to remove the control panel off the wall so I can try to finely adjust the holding tank indicator lights. I've removed the six phillips head screws but its like either there are more screws or it is glued to the wall board from just top edge of thermostate up along the edge of the tank indicator lights. I can pull the panel away from the wall about an inch at the top but down to where the indicator lights are its still solid to the wall, and I can get my finger nails under the bottom edge. I'm afraid to pull too much from the top for fear of bending or creasing the control panel. Is there something I'm not seeing or have they glued it down along the edges of the indicator lights? I removed the cover of the thermostate and loosened the two phillips screws that holds it down but just the thermostate moved, it didn't loosen the whole panel anymore than it was. Any thoughts??
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
Old 07-26-2006, 09:40 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I just took mine off 2 weeks ago.

I did not have to remove the six screws. My wood frame was held on by 2 screws. One at the top of the frame and one at the bottom. I removed these 2 screws and the frame plus the panel pulled out and I could check all the connections.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:12 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Mine's the same as Tom N's. Take the 2 screws out that go into the wood frame (1 at the top and 1 at the bottom)and the whole "one place" pulls right out.
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:01 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

mine to! one at top one at bottom
Old 07-26-2006, 03:49 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Thanks fellows - I can't imagine why I didn't see that situation and try just those 2 screws. Sometime I think we can't see the forest for the trees, that is without the great help we get on this forum. Thanks again.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
2001 Jeep Wrangler
Old 07-28-2006, 07:05 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Got the 2 screws out and the whole control panel, frame and all came right off just as stated above. Adjusted the black and gray tank lights so the 1/3 full lights went out now after the tanks have been empty for 2 weeks. Great. Now to see what happens the next time we use them. Marvelous info from fellow RDVers.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G