Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2007, 12:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have an 01 adventurer 35U. The blower motor (in hte coach floor) is whining bad, Sounds like the bearings are shot. I am fairly mechanically inclined. But this looks like it might be tough to get to. Has anyone replaced one of these? any ideas on difficulty, or should I make arrangements to have it done when and IF I make it to the GNR? any suggestons?

Thanks

01 adventurer 35U
tun75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have an 01 adventurer 35U. The blower motor (in hte coach floor) is whining bad, Sounds like the bearings are shot. I am fairly mechanically inclined. But this looks like it might be tough to get to. Has anyone replaced one of these? any ideas on difficulty, or should I make arrangements to have it done when and IF I make it to the GNR? any suggestons?

Thanks

01 adventurer 35U
Old 09-12-2007, 01:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Hi Bill,

Here is a thread on my past effort:

Aux Heat

It's not hard once you get to it. Mine is located behind the Hot Water Heater. Once I removed the HWH it was fairly easy.

The noise you hear may not be a bad bearing, but a mis-aligned fan blade, like mine was.

If the HWH has to come out, you can expect to pay mucho denero. Maybe somewhat less at the factory. I'm sure they should be able to give you a ballpark figure.

The hardest part I found was in separating the goo that is between the HWH frame & the coach. REAL sticky stuff. Just a lot of pushing/prying with a putty knife.

Good luck
Old 09-12-2007, 03:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Dan, Thank you for the info. I will take a closer look tomorrow and see how taking the HWH out will be. I was once a mechanic before I gave up on working for a living. I am just afraid to get in over my head. I had saved both you previous threads for future use.

Mine is a high pitch whine on high and a low grind on low, come to think of it it could be something like you mentioned, maybe I will take another look through the side access panel.

again thank you

01 adventurer 35U
Old 09-12-2007, 05:27 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Yep, the same as mine. It does blow hot air, and thats good for me. I just turn up the radio and drown out the noise. It always made it.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:40 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Bill,

My previous coach 2002 Adventurer 33V had the blower motor bearings dry out and the noise was quite distracting. Took it to Forest City and they did the job in 2 hours if I remember right local RV dealer said 15 to 18 hours. Local dealer said had to remove hot water heater and Forest City had a trick to get out auxilary heater without removing water heater. I would not believe this if I had not been there to see it myself because like you I was going to do this myself since the local dealer gave me that ball park estimate. Forest City cut the engine supply hoses qutside the compartment going to unit, disconnected everything in back of unit, removed 2 screws, turned it sideways (with some juggeling) and out it came. Call Forest City service department and maybe a Tech will be a little more helpful.
KennethM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:37 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

bobpie; Thats what I do now, I don't do much cold weather traveling so not too bad. I want to keep everything A1 now and not fall behind.

KennethM; I was wondering about weaseling it out the side. I am going to take another look today. Depending on what I see I will make the call before taking it apart, that is a great Idea. from what I hear on the forum they are good like that

Thanks

01 adventurer 35U
Old 09-13-2007, 01:38 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

After a closer inspection, I think I will call the factory and speak to someone before I try anything. seeing that I plan on going to the
GNR I think I might wait til then. I just realized (this caoch is brand new to me)that this Blower is not needed for the coach heat and it is just supplemental to chassis heat so I shouldn't really have to have it on alot.
Thanks for all the help

Bill

01 adventurer 35U