Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2016, 02:04 PM   #1

Rear Back up camera not detected

We've just completed a 4,000 m road trip and have a few issues to resolve. When putting in reverse the back up camera would not come on and the message " camera not detected " would appear. The side camera's do come on when the turn signal is activated. I notice the rear camera had lost some of it's finish and thought that was weird. I took the camera out and located the connection but can't unplug it. It has a factory made connection coming from the front and the connection coming from the camera looks made up. After removing the sealant tape and electrical tape you can see 3 colored wires and 3 black wires going into a plug.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Thank
sj1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2016, 03:30 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
First off, welcome to the forum! Here you will be able to learn lots of fun and interesting things.

Most likely, the backup camera is not turn on through the radio. There are a couple of obtuse settings that Winnebago uses to control it. Search in the Winnebago forum here for a couple of other threads discussing how to resolve this issue.

What type of MH do you have? What year is it? Can you tell us what radio you have?

You can also add this information to your signature when posting.

Good luck!
Old 09-06-2016, 09:35 AM   #3

Hey Gromleys,
Thanks for your response.
We own a 2012 Winnebago VIA 25Q
We purchased 8/28/13 with 6,613m
We just turned 40,150m
It's our first RV and it's been a learning experience. I've been able to repair most all of the problems that arise so far. I have not had a great experience with other dealer working on it. That's been frustrating.
The Infotainment Center is by River Park Inc.(The second year we started having problems with the left half of the screen not responding to the touch screen. I called River Park and they said it was out warranty and they would replace it for $600.00. So we chose to just use our phone for GPS and use it the best we could. Some time it responds to the touch and sometime it doesn't. I tried the touch adjustment but didn't respond on the left side of the screen.) FYI
When the camera quit working I noticed it when I went to mode and camera. I had done this several times and it worked and was surprised that the touch screen was working on the left side. Then putting it in reverse it quit working.
Looking at the wiring diagram I see that it could be something to do with switching. Both turn signals cameras are working. It could get over my head without help pretty fast.
Looking forward to sharing some other interest stories.
Thanks
Steve
sj1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:58 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
OP please update your Signature with your MH info so that we may help you better.

Tags
camera