Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2021, 05:00 PM   #1

Rear slide problem

I own a 2004 Winnebago Brave, wpf30w series workhorse unit.
The issue I am having is the rear slide will not extend. It worked on my recent trip. The front slide and the jacks work just fine, no issue there. I have removed the slide switch, took it apart , cleaned it, put it back together and reinstalled it. Same problem. Checked fuses, hwh hydraulic system, breakers, everything I could think of. I am not even sure if this is a fuse protected item. New trip in 10 days. Any help or ideas on how to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
bravewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2021, 08:42 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
We had rear slide problems some time back. Came partway in then stopped. Had to call a mobile repair guy. Turned out to be simple - the ground wire got caught on something and pulled a connection apart. The hardest part was getting the mattress out of the way to access the panel under the bed. That mattress takes up a whole lot of the room back there...
Did it again a few years later - came in almost all of the way then stopped. Knew exactly where to look. Wire got caught on some framework and pulled apart again. Did it myself this time and put in a little extra wire and taped part of it down so it wouldn't get caught.
Convinced my wife to stand there and hold the mattress up on one side so I could crawl around on the platform.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 04:32 PM   #3

Hi
I think there is a reset procedure on those slides may be worth calling tech support at Winnebago. Are you running the engine as low voltage can also be an issue is coach level and foot brake fully on although you would see some warning lights but maybe worth trying every thing if you haven't already.
Good luck you'll figure it out.
Onebrit
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 06:29 AM   #4

Some slides have interlock switches installed on the storage doors below them so the slide won't extend if the compartment door is open. Just something to check.
Titusville, FL when not on the road
hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:41 PM   #5

Rear Slide Problem

Have a 2004 Brave 34D that had the same problem. The slides on our unit have 2 solenoids for each slide- 1 for extending and another for retraction. The solenoid for retraction went bad at a campground and could not get the solenoid to work. Switched the retraction/ extension solenoids and the slide retracted and we could travel. Replaced both solenoids and had no future problems.
Good luck
SteveNV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, rear, slide