Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #1

replacing flooring in 2004 winnebago journey

I am in the process of looking at all options for replacing the flooring in our 2004 Winnebago 36G Journey. We are going to have the carpet and existing tile removed from front to the bedroom entrance. The carpeting in the bedroom and around the bed will stay. We will be replacing the original carpet and tile with a new laminate tile. Needless to say, this renovation is a big job and is made more complicated by the nature of the galley slideout. After researching this a bit, I am going to have those with experience in this type of renovation, do the job.

Presently, I am considering Bradd & Hall which is located in Elkhart, Indiana. After looking at their website, I am confident that they will do a credible job. I did visit their facility last October and had them install MCD American Duo Day/Night shades and I was very satisfied with their work. I also had the opportunity to see flooring work on other coaches. Downside of the renovation for me is the cost, $4000+. However, if that is the direction that I decide to go, then I'll have to pay the cost. As I said above, it is a very big job.

Could I have this same thing done at Winnebago Industries in Forest City, Iowa? Have any of you had Winnegago Industries do this type of rennovation?
And at what cost? I have called Winnebago at least three times indicating that I would like to speak to someone about this matter. Each time, information regarding my home phone, etc., was taken, and I was told that another person would call me right back. Never got a return call! Those guys in Forest City must be rolling in dough and not need any business. Whatever the case, as a long standing customer of Winnebago, I certainly deserved a return courtesy call.

If any of you have suggestions, please let me know. I wish Bradd and Hall or even Winnebago were somewhat closer in distance. I can't find anyone around Pennsylvania that does this type of work or has the requisite experience in doing this job. Regular flooring personal are not familiar with removal of all the furniture, slideout issues, etc. Finally, if anyone else has had Bradd & Hall do a flooring job, let me know if you were satisfied. I'm open to any and all suggestions.
mycoolbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #2

Flooring

We have a 2002 Journey DL 36G and wanted to replace our flooring. We shopped around many outlets and settled on using Bradd & Hall to do the job last fall. In fact, our unit is featured on their website so you can see the progress of the job and the end result. We were MOST pleased with the craftsmanship and professionalism of their staff. The price was better than any other place we researched. Please tell Josh or Bradd that Ron & Brenda surely recommend them. If any additional information or pictures are wanted or needed please send a private message.
munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchie View Post
We have a 2002 Journey DL 36G and wanted to replace our flooring. We shopped around many outlets and settled on using Bradd & Hall to do the job last fall. In fact, our unit is featured on their website so you can see the progress of the job and the end result. We were MOST pleased with the craftsmanship and professionalism of their staff. The price was better than any other place we researched. Please tell Josh or Bradd that Ron & Brenda surely recommend them. If any additional information or pictures are wanted or needed please send a private message.
I saw that...looks very nice. We have the 36GD with the flat floor living room slide. I want to replace my carpet but since that big slide clearly rests on the carpet when it is retracted, I am concerned that the bottom of the slide will scratch any laminate flooring. Do you have the flat floor slide and, if so, do you know what they did at Brad and Hall to allow for that?
Old 05-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #4

flat floor slide with flooring replacement

In answer to your question, we also have the flat floor slide in the living room area of the 02 Journey (36G). Bradd & Hall does a very good job of providing "slide slickers" which are basically teflon/plastic strips which are put in place before retracting the slide thus protecting the laminate flooring. In our search we could find no aftermarket company which would put laminate on the flush style slides when replacing the carpet. The problem becomes the "gap" which occurs between the slide and the main floor of the coach. We've had no problem using the slide slickers as fulltimers this past year.
munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
I do flooring- carpet, wood, vinyl tile.
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #6

Thank you for this thread and its information! This has solved a huge problem for me. I got here via google search for "how to replace carpet in Winnebago Journey." And now I subscribed - looking forward to reading more in other areas.
MooOne is offline   Reply With Quote