Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2021, 10:03 PM   #1

Replacing my leveling system

So Iím replacing my Kwikee leveling system with the Quadra Big foot system. The dealer/service center asked me if the hydraulic system for my jacks controlled my slide outs. I believe the slide outs are controlled by a separate electric system but Iím not certain.

Thanks for the help.

2007 Winnebago Voyage 33V
Esco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2021, 05:51 AM   #2

Mine is 1 year old than yours. The slide outs are electric.

Why are you replacing your leveling system?
What are you going to do with the old parts?
And, are you in the Midwest?
Old 03-12-2021, 09:02 AM   #3

Should be pretty easy to figure out. If they are hyd. slides there will be cylinders in the cargo area with hoses running to them. I have never had electric but I'm pretty sure it would be easy to find the motors that run the slides if it was electric.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:31 PM   #4

I’ve never seen cylinders in the cargo area. Tomorrow I’m going to take a closer look but I’m thinking they're electric.

My kwikee system has been leaking a bunch of fluid. The shops said I need to replace the entire system since you can’t get parts for them anymore. No I am not in the Midwest, in California.
Old 03-13-2021, 07:03 AM   #5

Esco,

There are people on this forum that have rebuilt or had someone rebuild the "non-rebuildable" jacks. The same ones you and I have.

From my notes here is one thread >>> https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/lev...nt-384810.html

Here is some more info posted by car54don:

The company in Kentucky that was involved with manufacturing original Kwikee, now does rebuilds.
Main: 1.800.779.5544
Local: 859.744.5618
Fax: 859.744.5835

Custom Cylinders International Inc.
1220 Enterprise Dr.
Winchester, KY 40391

Mailing Address:
P.O. BOX 4242
Winchester, KY 40392

info@customcylindersintinc.com

At a minimum, I would try another shop.
Old 03-13-2021, 03:02 PM   #6

Thanks for info, I'll look into it. I was surprised they couldn't be fixed.
Old 03-14-2021, 07:36 PM   #7

Budget $375 each + $80 round-strip shipping for Custom Cylinders to replace the seals. This is about half the price of new ones if they are even still available. I bought two new ones from Winnebago about three years ago and had Custom Cylinders re-do the other two last summer. The removal and installation is fairly straight forward. Hardest part is probably boxing them up and getting them shipped out!
Old 04-24-2021, 06:21 AM   #8

Okay so I ended up replacing the old system with Quadra Big foot leveling system. These jacks truly lift the motorhome to level it unlike my old system. I will be taking it out next month to really test them out so I’ll let you know then.

The only problem I have now is figuring out what to replace the void left from the control panel on my dash. The big foot panel had to be installed in the other side of the steering wheel because it would not fit. It’s so much longer than the old panel. I would like to put in a pocket or something for my cellphone or wallet but have no idea where I could find something like that. Does anyone have any ideas or maybe a different suggestion on what I should do? Thanks
Old 04-24-2021, 06:24 AM   #9

I had the new jacks installed by a mobile guy here in San Diego so if anyone needs his info let me know. Definitely cheaper than what some of the shops were charging me.

Tags
leveling, leveling system