Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Retractable screen for door

Does anyone know which company sells the retractable replacement screen for the motor home entry door? We spoke with someone at the GNR, but can't remember their names. The screen I'm talking about replaces the fixed screen in the top part of the screen door, rides in the track where the screen is currently seated, and can be raised and lowered.
Thanks for any help anyone can give us.

Tom & Janie
luckydog1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:42 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I bought mine here

Retractable Screen
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:11 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Here's an old thread regarding this: Roll up screen for entry door

As noted in the above thead I got mine from 3-T's. It cost a good bit less 8 years ago, but it works great and it's an easy install. I recommend it highly.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:21 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Lowes had them in Florida. Our 2003 RexhaLL had one and we loved it after getting used to it. safe travels... ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I took the low budget route and built a screen from a hardware store window screen kit which uses an aluminum frame that matches the color of the door. The original screen was removed from the door (cut out neatly) and the "new" screen is held in place over the opening with velcro tabs. Easy on, easy removal and it is convenient to store when removed. When installed, you really have to look to realize it is not original.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:18 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to you all for the good, and fast, information! I don't think my door is an "Attwood" door (since the word "Excel" is imprinted into the door handle), so I don't think these will work on ours. I wonder if an Attwood door could be installed in our rig? Might end up costing too much, then; but DW sure is interested in actually being able to see out the window while we're on the road!
Old 02-17-2014, 06:15 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydog1949 View Post
Thanks to you all for the good, and fast, information! I don't think my door is an "Attwood" door (since the word "Excel" is imprinted into the door handle), so I don't think these will work on ours. I wonder if an Attwood door could be installed in our rig? Might end up costing too much, then; but DW sure is interested in actually being able to see out the window while we're on the road!
It certainly should fit on a 2005 Horizon 36RD just like it does on my 2005 Vectra 36RD.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:16 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
It certainly should fit on a 2005 Horizon 36RD just like it does on my 2005 Vectra 36RD.
Is your screen door marked as Attwood or Excel? The person I spoke with at the GNR last year had the same make/model as we do and had the roll up screen installed in theirs.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:43 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydog1949 View Post
Is your screen door marked as Attwood or Excel? The person I spoke with at the GNR last year had the same make/model as we do and had the roll up screen installed in theirs.
The handle of my screen door is marked EXCEL. As far as I know Atwood supplied the whole door assembly. The screen will fit your 36RD.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:14 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
The handle of my screen door is marked EXCEL. As far as I know Atwood supplied the whole door assembly. The screen will fit your 36RD.
Thank you, Chris. I've emailed 3 Ts twice, with no response. I'll give them a call to order that.

Tom
Old 02-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Well, apparently I'm "too late to the party." According to 3-Ts RV Products, the roll up screen is no longer being made by Atwood. It is still on the 3-Ts web site, but is being removed. So, back to "square one."
Old 02-18-2014, 09:27 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

You might check with Lichtsinn (or Winnebago directly) to see if they have/can get any. I know it was standard equipment with the 2006 models (and presumably the 2007 as well).

Tags
door, scr