Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2018, 06:06 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm not familiar with your coach so this may be worthless but it sounds similar to a problem I had so I wanted to chime in just in case.

I had noticed small puddles of water in the bathroom when we camped. At first, I thought my kids were splashing water when washing hands in the bathroom sink. Long story short, the water supply hose to the toilet was leaking a little bit whenever it was flushed. There is a "twist on" connection where the water line connects to the toilet. Inside that twist on connector is a little rubber gasket, they dry out over time and will start to leak. I had to pull the toilet to actually be able to get to the water line to replace the gasket. Replacing gasket is a quick job, pulling the toilet was the worst part and even that wasn't too bad. (I'm not exactly Bob Villa so if I can do it......anybody can!)

If it is indeed that gasket, they are cheap, a local dealer here sells them for 35 cents each, I keep a small Ziploc bag of them handy.

Again, may not be the same but sounded similar, hopefully this helps.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2018, 07:05 PM   #16

Thank you blast valve! This sounds reasonable to me! Iíll try to pull the toilet ó I guess I have too anyway
Shnoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:34 AM   #17

I made a bunch of blind photos from behind the toilet ó and I have NO IDEA what I am looking at

I put a teabag into the wet area where I believe it leaks. And this is the place

I still need to educate myself about how RV toilets are build and what all these pipes are. I suspect that fresh water is somewhere collecting for flushing. But here in my case this place probably leaks... could that make sense?
Old 06-28-2018, 11:56 AM   #18

That rusty area is part of the flush mechanism. The rust would have been caused by a long term leak. Those flush valves are a high failure rate item and are readily available at RV dealers and Camping World. Removing the toilet requires two rusty bolts be removed, a plastic bag put over the hole, and the water pipe removed.

Here is a link to my '94 Bounder repair blog, Toilet Issues. There is a picture of that valve your picture is showing. The pic at my blog shows it after removal. One time my toilet had a drip-drip-drip that turned out was just the water connection that only needed tightening on the flush valve. A 1/4 turn with a set of channel lock pliers was all it took.

The plastic valve is usually the leaker but there are hoses and clamps under there that should be inspected...so remove the toilet to get a look. Rust is not harmful to that mechanism for the most part.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:31 PM   #19

Jim, THANK YOU !!!!

Tags
shower, water