Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2021, 02:39 PM   #1

Roku Installation

I'm trying to install Roku on my RV television. How do I gain access to the back of the tv? 2018 Winnebago Vista
TJSIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2021, 02:44 PM   #2

If is a factory tv mount, there is a small pull strap that unlocks the mount and can remove tv.

If dealer mount, maybe similar or may have screws from tv mount to wall mount that have to be removed before can remove tv.

Doesn't your coach have HDMI switch in it? Connect Roku there to port 3, then can watch on all TVs.
Krbjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 07:01 PM   #3

TJSIII-

Welcome to iRV2!

It would help us give better advice if you posted a picture of the TV and its cabinet. Instructions on posting pictures are here.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:50 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
TJSIII, which coach model and which TV?
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:52 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Mine sits on a bottom rail. Look behind the top of the TV, and if you see 6-8 screws, then that is the same system.

Take out the screws and the tv will tilt forward from the top and you can lift it off the bottom rail.

Get a helper!
Old 05-02-2021, 09:55 AM   #6

How did the install go? What did you have to do to get TV loose?
Krbjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 11:33 AM   #7
JBP

Winnebago Owners Club
I also have a 2018 Vista. Mine is the 2018 Vista LX 30T. It would always help if you told us the hole model name.
My roku was very easy. But I had easy access to the back of both TVs.
Old 05-02-2021, 12:35 PM   #8

TJSIII, we love Roku TVs, and used them in our prior homes. On the motorhome we replaced 2 of the 4 factory installed TVs with Roku TVs (bedroom and main living area) within 2 weeks of picking up the coach (we missed our Roku TVs that much!!!). Later we replaced the other 2 (overhead driver TV and outside TV) with Rokus.

Each TV used a different mounting method.
  • The bedroom TV (32") frame is a swing-out door (there is storage behind the TV), so it was actually the easiest of the four to access. Only needed to remove the 4 VESA mounting bolts, and there were many holes in the mount such that I could match up with the Roku VESA points without modification.
  • The living area TV (50") uses a traditional non-adjustable static VESA wall-mount, and came right off by pulling 2 cords and lifting up and out. I did have to re-mount the bracket on the wall to adjust for the VESA mounting points being different from the Roku and the former Sony, and thankfully Fleetwood left lots of 3/4" plywood to do so (this, and the size of the TV, made it it the 2nd easiest of the TVs).
  • The driver overhead TV (32") was more difficult as its frame is not hinged, so it required a helper, to whom I am married, to hold it while I removed the 4 screws that attached the wood frame to the cabinet (the VESA mount was attached to the wood frame) so I could disconnect wiring. It also required the drilling of new holes to align with the the different VESA mounting locations.
  • The exterior TV (50") was the most difficult. It was on what at first seemed to be a normal swing-out arm, but in fact the TV side had a special mounting bracket I'd never seen before (to attach to the VESA points on the TV, then attach to the swing-out arm). I had to make my own bracket to match the Roku (this was not a Roku issue...it was an issue with the exterior mounting mechanism).
Hope this helps...yours could be mounted with any of these methods, or some other method. As others have said, photos, would be helpful.
hilgert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, installation