Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

USMC-Wife: I hope my post wasn't misunderstood. I was not recommending you take all those extra parts, just that they should be inspected or replaced before the trip.
I would carry a spare tire on a wheel, the tools to change it and maybe a fan belt. There are several posts regarding spare parts and tools if you do a search here.
You might look into shipping your handgun by a licensed gun dealer on the US Side. They have the knowledge & expertise to get it there legally.
In the past we've shipped it from a gun dealer in MT. to a gun dealer in Haines...........and back again.
Roadside Assistance is a good idea. We're new to Coachnet so no direct experience here. Hopefully some with more experience with providers will offer advice on them, especially in Canada.
Good Luck
bigskymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
i clean them with compressed air for reinstallation later.
False economy! Accidentally blow a hole in a filter and you'll probably be replacing the engine. Filters and oil are cheap compared to a new engine, even if just a generator!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjeff View Post
That's how all refigerators work. They don't cool, they remove heat if that makes any sense!
It's NOT the same as your typical "stick" house refrigerator...
Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
False economy! Accidentally blow a hole in a filter and you'll probably be replacing the engine. Filters and oil are cheap compared to a new engine, even if just a generator!
you gotta use a little bit of common sense when cleaning any air filter. the idea is to blow the dust off of the filter from the clean side, not to blow holes in the filter. if i were to (accidentally) blow a hole in a filter, i would install another filter for sure.
when i am driving on a dusty dirt road, i have to clean the genny air filter every day. my genny is located at the rear of my moho on the drivers side (behind the rear wheels) so it is in a bad area for dirt and dust. at $12 a copy, it would be very expensive (and unnecessary) to replace the filter every day.
i use a large panel k&n oiled gauze air filter for my main engine. with the air inlet in the front grill area, it does not get dirty quickly even on dusty dirt roads.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Thank you all sooooo much for taking the time to answer my questions. There are a lot of wonderful tips and information here for me to start with.

@ TomWalt, tell your son good luck for me, you must be so proud! =)

@Big, oh ok, I will definitely get those replaced before heading out, thank you .
Old 06-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

Hey USMC_Wife,
First I to would like to let your husband know we are thankful for his service to this great country "now when he gets back..U 2 GET OUT THERE AND ENJOY IT". Ya know you are not the only newbie to motor homes and there is no dumb question "I know because I ask em all the time"hehe This site is awesome for info..and I like what someone said here, dont be to much in a hurry. Heck hopefully you guys will have your PC with you and be able to ask questions as they arise...GOOD LUCK and Happy adventures on your planned trip...
barlin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by barlin44 View Post
Hey USMC_Wife,
First I to would like to let your husband know we are thankful for his service to this great country "now when he gets back..U 2 GET OUT THERE AND ENJOY IT". Ya know you are not the only newbie to motor homes and there is no dumb question "I know because I ask em all the time"hehe This site is awesome for info..and I like what someone said here, dont be to much in a hurry. Heck hopefully you guys will have your PC with you and be able to ask questions as they arise...GOOD LUCK and Happy adventures on your planned trip...

Thank you barlin