Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2008, 04:42 AM   #1

There is a rubber strip that runs the length of the bedroom slide to seal out air and critters.

My adhesive came loose and someone restuck it on the lower level which did not create a seal. Bought 3m rubber adhesive and being senile, a friend and I reattched it ot the same level. THEN we realized it went up one step. When we removed it, because the correct place (the upper level) was harder to get too we decided it would be best to order a new strip from Winnie with adhesive attached. About 11 feet. Well it seems the original part # had been replaced with a new part # and it was about 3/16th wider and rubbed on the bottom of the slide more which removed the strip in one day.

I was thankful I saved the old strip, checked the internet for double back tape and have some on the way. The owner of the company guaranteed it to stick???? we'll see. Cleaned the old strip and just waiting for the tape. By the way, the owner said Not to use Acetone to clean the area as it had oil in it and the tape wouldn't stick. Said to use Denatured Alchol as it contained no oil. Maybe thats why the wider tape did not stay in place.

Just the story of my life, have problem,do it three times, before its repaired.
Makes an old man older. Hope this is clear but remember the age. Everyone be safe.
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2008, 04:42 AM   #2

There is a rubber strip that runs the length of the bedroom slide to seal out air and critters.

My adhesive came loose and someone restuck it on the lower level which did not create a seal. Bought 3m rubber adhesive and being senile, a friend and I reattched it ot the same level. THEN we realized it went up one step. When we removed it, because the correct place (the upper level) was harder to get too we decided it would be best to order a new strip from Winnie with adhesive attached. About 11 feet. Well it seems the original part # had been replaced with a new part # and it was about 3/16th wider and rubbed on the bottom of the slide more which removed the strip in one day.

I was thankful I saved the old strip, checked the internet for double back tape and have some on the way. The owner of the company guaranteed it to stick???? we'll see. Cleaned the old strip and just waiting for the tape. By the way, the owner said Not to use Acetone to clean the area as it had oil in it and the tape wouldn't stick. Said to use Denatured Alchol as it contained no oil. Maybe thats why the wider tape did not stay in place.

Just the story of my life, have problem,do it three times, before its repaired.
Makes an old man older. Hope this is clear but remember the age. Everyone be safe.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:43 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have the same problem which has existed from day 1. There is a 24" piece that hangs down, and when I open the slide I push it back into place. I have tried tape, the dealer has tried tape and it still comes loose when I open the slide. I guess it's one of those live with it things...

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #4

I can't believe Winnebago has glued so many things together on their coaches. The front hood, the rear hood, headlight brackets, weather seals on slides, and heaven knows what else.
Wagonmaster2
Old 08-18-2008, 01:28 AM   #5

3M black rubber adhesive will definetly hold it. The upper level is a little hard to get too , so thats why I am going to try the tape again...I'll let you know the results...Thanks for the replies