Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2023, 04:30 PM   #1

RV Front mask

My previously owned Wennibago Destination 37G has what seems to be
clear plastic panels stuck to the front of the unit.
Over time they have weathered and cracked, I am wondering if this is factory
or after market.
sarge1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2023, 04:37 PM   #2

You are the proud owner of some sort of clear bra. There are a couple kinds, maybe it's 3m. I removed mine. There are many many schools of thought on how to do this. The iceclimber recommended method is to park your RV facing the sun and scrap that crap off. You will need plastic razor blades and/or plastic scrapers but chemicals and heat guns can lead to other issues. Don't ask me how I know this. Ultimately I paid about $900 and had a custom vinyl cover/bra made and have found inner peace.
This guy knows his business, I note he used solvent, but the key is heat.

Iceclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 05:09 AM   #3

RV Front Mask

Thank you Iceclimber, I have removed the plastic cover, but so far have found nothing to to remove the glue.
I removed cracked graphics from a fifth wheel I once had and don't recall having this much of a problem with the glue.
sarge1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 04:14 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
My bra was factory installed and started peeling in the southwest heat several years in.

When we went full time, I pulled several sections all the way off after they were about halfway off

Reading online, everyone said to use Ugly Juice (search on it). There are youtube videos on how to use it. I paid $350 for two gallons, it arrived at Escapees and they refused it because it was clearly labelled "hazardous materials."

The next day, the freight co brought it back, and dropped it off. The box was leaking. Escapees got the freight co to take it back, and yelled at me. Ugly Shield covered all of the expense.

It may have been good stuff, but by then it was hot outside. I'd wait until we got a 95 degree day, or work on it immediately after a long drive - elbow grease, a microfiber towel, and goof off worked like a champ. As the first reply said, heat is your friend, but I used Mother Nature's.
hauboldg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 11:49 PM   #5

front Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge1946 View Post
My previously owned Wennibago Destination 37G has what seems to be
clear plastic panels stuck to the front of the unit.
Over time they have weathered and cracked, I am wondering if this is factory
or after market.

That is a protective shield (rock chip) Procter. Had mine redone under warranty once
company in north Texas done it for Dealership...
ET-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 08:08 AM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge1946 View Post
Thank you Iceclimber, I have removed the plastic cover, but so far have found nothing to to remove the glue.
I removed cracked graphics from a fifth wheel I once had and don't recall having this much of a problem with the glue.
I obtained "juice" from the ugly shield folks in Ft Myers and it did the trick. However, out of curiosity I tried other alternatives after buying this juice and found that spraying gasoline out of a small pray bottle worked as well. We all know the concern that using gasoline brings...
jabassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote