Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

we invite the members to visit our travel blog concerning our 6 month tour of Europe and Asia Minor in 2007 in our Winnebago View named Papillon.

www.papillontravels.net

Tom and Judy
Vero Beach, Florida
Old 12-20-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

we invite the members to visit our travel blog concerning our 6 month tour of Europe and Asia Minor in 2007 in our Winnebago View named Papillon.

www.papillontravels.net

Tom and Judy
Vero Beach, Florida
Old 12-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

What a great trip! And what an exceptional website as well--thanks for sharing it with us.

$5.70 per gallon for diesel in Slovakia--ouch. Thats has to hurt the budget. And what does that total for the oil change in Turkey come to in US dollars?

What are you going to do with Papillon when you are ready to head home?

Again, thanks!

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

The pictures look COOL . Our friends were in Romania last year. Not motorhomming though. It must have been an interesting trip for sure.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the kind note.

Slovakia diesel was cheap, Turkey was nearly 9 dollars a gallon - mostly taxes. Fuel was readily available everywhere. LPG easy to find except in Greece.

Probably will ship the rig home as we have gotten use to it. But then again, if someone makes us an offer.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:59 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Hi Tom and Judy
I read your travel log in Europe with the View. Very interesting story. I immediately checked how far Camping Kas in Turkey is from my home in Switzerland and it turned out to be abt. 3000 km ( 1900 miles or so). Now I am thinking of going to Greece and Turkey next year. Unfortunately I have to sell my Brave it becomes too much of a burden for a retired engineer: insurance, taxes, special taxes for heavy trucks (everything on wheels over 3.5 ton)and the diesel fuel price went over the roof. Well sell the Brave and buy a caravan so I can still be on the road. Again I enjoyed the story.
johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Johan

Danke for your kind message.

We enjoy Europe a lot and plan on returning this year. We have applied for a French visa in order to stay in the Schengen zone for 6 plus months. Last year we left the zone for 92 days.

This year is Morocco, Spain and a long visit to France and a short stay in Der Schwitz. (Longer if we do not receive a French visa).

Futere plans are the UK, Germany and Italy. Again if we can get another visa in a year or 2.

Sorry you have to sell the big rig but a samll Sprinter based vehicle will work nicely also.

If you get to Kas, mention the "Kelbeks". That is Turkish for butterfly and that was what they called us.

Regards and Happy New Year

Tom Salmon
Vero Beach, Florida