Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-21-2005, 06:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Have a question for the forum. I just purchased an 2003 Adventurer 35U and am thinking of buying a Satellite Reciver to go with the dish on the roof. I have a single reciever Direct TV subscription and Hughes Receiver at home. I would like to buy a second hand receiver to mount permantly in my RV and my idea is to just pull the card out of the home system and stick it in the RV receiver when I go on the road. Is this feasible or is the specific card matched to the specifc receiver? Does anyone have any experience or insight?

Thanks!

Matt
Matt1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 06:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Have a question for the forum. I just purchased an 2003 Adventurer 35U and am thinking of buying a Satellite Reciver to go with the dish on the roof. I have a single reciever Direct TV subscription and Hughes Receiver at home. I would like to buy a second hand receiver to mount permantly in my RV and my idea is to just pull the card out of the home system and stick it in the RV receiver when I go on the road. Is this feasible or is the specific card matched to the specifc receiver? Does anyone have any experience or insight?

Thanks!

Matt
Matt1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Matt,

I think you will find they are matched to the reciever. You pay $5 a month for the extra reciever.

tmcgeesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:33 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Matched to the receiver. You need to pay for a second receiver or take the complete receiver with you.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:25 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I tried this method, since I had two receivers, only one enabled. The card from the enabled receiver would not work in the second receiver. I called them about it. They informed me the card is dedicated to the receiver's identification number. So I just take my enabled receiver with me in the M/H.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:25 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

You will need to get a 2nd receiver; it is only $5.00 a month to mirror your home receiver. You can have it turned on and off whenever you want at no charge that will cut your bill if you are not using it in the winter. I keep my system hooked up all the time that way I can record movies so when we cannot get a signal or if we just want to watch a movie, we will have them. If you get a 2nd receiver, you will need to call DTV and they will send you a card.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:40 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I can only watch one receiver at a time, so why enable another. Typically during the summer we only take the coach out for 4-5 days max per month . So $5.00 per month for a mirrored receiver would be high priced TV. In the winter, when we head south, we don't have any need for the receiver at home, so it serves its purpose in the coach. Seems to work for me.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote