Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #1

Satellite Reception Jensen vr 182 Dash Radio

I own an Adventurer38N 2010 it has a Jensen vr 182 dash radio. I have a satelite subscription and until recently it has worked well. Yesterday while playing it the satilite radio it swiched bands to the Weather Band. I checked the Satelite receiver in the upper cabinet and it is on and the window says "Sirus Connect". When I push the Mode buttun I get Sirus Connect and no station. The Sirus Connect sign goes away after a few seconds and the other bands come up (FM1, FM2< Auxilery, Weather). when the Mode button is cycled, but the Sirus Connect does not show up. Any one experience this proble and have a solution that I can attempt short of taking the rig in to a Winnebago Dealer and going through the hassel and expense of having them correct the problem?
CardinalNVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #2

We have a 2011 Itasca Suncruiser. Our Sirius reception was poor from the start. I found an extra antenna and plugged it into the dock & mounted the antenna in the cabinet where the dock was located. Has worked OK since then.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
swk

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ditto. Picked up a new antenna for $25 and it solved the problem in our Winnebago Tour. Although all I could get was "Acquiring Signal". I just put the antenna on the dash at the corner of the windshield. Occasionally it will drop out for a few seconds. Someday when I get time I will run the wire to the roof.
swk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
Commercial Member

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and the Advent brand of appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

This indicates that the radio does not have communication with the SIRIUS tuner module. This could be for one of several reasons such as the radio needing a reset procedure, loose data cable or defective tuner. First, try pressing the reset button, located on the front of the radio near preset #6 (it is a small recessed button, so you will need a ball point pen, toothpick, etc.). After the reset, turn the radio back ON and try accessing the SIRIUS mode again. If it still does not stay in SIRIUS mode and allow you to listen to SIRIUS programming, you will then want to verify the data cable is connected between the radio and tuner. If the cable is connected and does not show signs of damage, then I would suspect the SIRIUS tuner has failed.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, it would be best to call us or visit your dealer. You can reach us on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM EDT.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Tags
dash, radio, satellite