Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2022, 09:51 PM   #1

Selling RV - Company Info?

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with either of these two companies?
RV Select in Florida and National Vehicles in Nebraska.
Never heard of them and wanted to check here first.
Thanks!
tb919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2022, 08:03 AM   #2

When I was trying to sell mine a couple of years ago I posted it on RVTrader and National contacted me and made all kinds of promise. I fell for it and paid their up front fee, which was not terribly high, but it ended up being a terrible experince. Run away from them. I think their reviews are all fake as there were all kinds of good reviews but don't go by them. So far as RV Select, I have never heard of them.
Old 12-24-2022, 11:31 AM   #3

Thanks David. That's what I figured. My gut is telling me to not get involved with them.
I did talk with someone from RV Select but they weren't interested in buying our coach. One reason might be the fact that they are based in Florida and there are 3 coaches just like ours available in the same area. We will try RV Trader and FB marketplace first. Then maybe see about trading it in for something else. I'm really interested in the Grech B vans.
Old 12-24-2022, 11:33 AM   #4

David, By the way, did National eventually sell it?
Old 12-24-2022, 01:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb919 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with either of these two companies?

Thanks!
Long term lurker, but today I registered to reply here. I am rather active over at the non official GD RV forum. I personally sold a 2021 Grand Design Momentum 395MS-R using National Vehicles out of Nebraska. I was in Texas, and the new owner saw the ad in California, and that is where the 5th wheel now resides. I can tell you National Vehicle did exactly what they advertised they were going to do. They are merely a marketing agency. I provided all information pertaining to the 5th wheel that incl factory standard options, upgraded factory options, any modifications, any aftermarket upgrades, and any other information I felt would be relative and entice the next owner. The rep even helped me using one of their templates to put the ad together in a good, readable format in which Iapproved before being uploaded. It was posted it across several RV related sites. Customer service was responsive, and they would update the ad weekly if you want to add photos, details, etc. They did a pretty good job filtering the inquiries, and I wasn't inundated with SPAM.

My unit was in high demand, so I had hits on it immediately. I was priced attractively enough, and I had a few dozen inquiries within a week.

They are NOT a broker or consignment service. They will not sell your RV for you. They merely take information you provide and create an ad and cross post it across many different sites. My buyer saw the ad on Facebook.

Could I have done the exact same thing and saved several hundred dollars? Absolutely! Was it worth the saving in time from having to type everything up and create accounts for a bunch of different websites and having to repost over and over? Yep! Not to mention the extra exposure it got being listed on their website and social media. Would I do it again? Absolutely!

You have a really good chance of the right buyer seeing your ad. But again, they are not selling your RV, just marketing it. If you see that as a value and understand the service they are offering, then it's a good deal. But you have to do your part in providing photos, details, and whatever else you can think of to sell your product.

Really, all you are paying for is convenience and marketing exposure. But the more people that see your ad, the more likely you are to find the right buyer.
texas.yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 01:36 PM   #6

Thanks Texas.yankee. This is the kind of info I was looking for. There are so many scams out there nowadays one has to be cautious and if something sounds too good to be true it probably is. I don't know if now is a good time to be selling but we might try the RV Trader route first and see what happens. Thanks again for responding.
Old 12-25-2022, 02:29 PM   #7

Welcome!
texas.yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 07:33 PM   #8

One more question. Does anyone have any experience with PPL Motorhomes? Buying or consigning?
Old 01-04-2023, 06:36 AM   #9

RV Consignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb919 View Post
Thanks!
We used PPL Motorhomes in Houston twice. First was a motorhome and second a fifth wheel. The motorhome sold in a short period of time with no issues. The fifth wheel took a little longer I think due to the time of year. Long story short we had to reduce price 10% during a sale plus they charge 10%. The only problem was once it sold they run it through there service department and tried to charge me several hundred dollars for things that was their responsibility. I had good records and photos so only had to pay for one thing. Would I use them again, probably. They have other locations in Texas and one in Florida.
ElmondTX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 07:33 PM   #10

thanks ElmondTX1. As it turns out we found something we ended up trading for so won't have to use them.

Tags
sell