Sharp R-1850A Microwave Electrical Help
Right up front..I AM AN ELECTRICAL IDIOT !!!
My turntable quit turning on my Convection/microwave so I lowered the hinged bottom panel and exposed the motor, put a cup of water on the turntable and set it for 1 minute. I then tapped the motor with my screwdriver handle and the carousel tried to turn. I confidently took my meter and touched the wires each side of the motor and BANG!! everything is now dead. I did venture a little further and checked for continuity across the 20amp fuse (without taking it out) and did get a reading, so I assume the fuse is ok. I unplugged the microwave and have not proceeded to check anything else as I am not confident that I can discharge the capacitor correctly in order to do so. It has been unplugged for three days.
My dilemma is that looking at the wiring schematic I don't know enough to determine what I may have blown. Is there a logical/obvious answer by just looking at the schematic?.
I know they are dangerous to mess with so just want to get a best/worst case opinion here.
I am prepared to buy a new microwave but if it's a $100 fix I would go that route.
Any help would be appreciated,