Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2022, 04:46 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Sightseer 33C Kitchen sink Drain Hose separation

I have a problem with the flexible pipe used in the kitchen drain plumbing. It has come out of ABS elbow leading up to the sinks. The elbow itself rotates on the ABS pipe it is 'connected' to also. Winnebago specifies a primer 126427-02-000 and cement 126427-01-000 to use between the pipe and elbow. Does anyone know the commercial equivalent products? Should the elbow be cemented to the pipe coming from the sinks? If so, how should the outlet opening be positioned in relation to the down pipe, facing to the front, to the driver side of halfway between.
Here's a photo: The elbow is shown facing the front, the flex pipe is shown at the top left of the photo the photo should rotate 90 to the right
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sink Drain issue.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	357112  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2022, 05:22 PM   #2

I just bought a 2011 33c so I can look under the sink tomorrow and send some pictures of mine. Be aware they do some crazy stuff with the plumbing in these motor homes and yours might not be exactly the same.
BobnMelba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 08:42 AM   #3

Not the same

Mine does not have the same plumbing layout as yours does.
BobnMelba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 02:54 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks, BobnMelba, for checking.
I'll see what others say. Does anyone know if the primer and cement are the regular ABS pipe products?
Old 03-01-2022, 02:15 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Follow up on the Kitchen drain issue. It is cemented and appears to be fixed.
The White plastic flex pipe is Super Flex PVC Spa pipe. What I thought was tape around the open edge is really an end termination. It is smooth and will insert into the fitting to allow a good seal. I believe the problem is caused by the cementing of the PVC spa pipe to an ABS elbow. The end of the flex pipe that goes into the holding tank has a PVC elbow. The end that came out, came out of the ABS elbow at the end of the rest of the sink drainpipe assembly which is all ABS.
The rotation of the ABS elbow appears to be by design as the flex pipe is quite stiff and allowing the elbow to rotate about 45 degrees allows the flex pipe to slide as the room moves in/out without forming too sharp of a bend. The ACME connection at the ABS elbow looks to me like it should rotate and maintain its seal.
I used Oatey Purple primer on the Flex pipe end only, then used Oatley All Purpose Cement for ABS, PVC and CPVC to join the two pieces.
With any luck it will last as long as the original did.

Tags
sightseer, sink, hose