Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2019, 01:18 PM   #1

Slide Scratching Floor Tile

A new version of numerous old posts... front of the driver side slide is scraping the tile floor of our 2007 Itasca Ellipse 40TD and getting worse. It appears to only scrap when extending and looks like the very forward end at the wall is doing the damage. Any similar issues? If so how do I handle this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Floor Scratch.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	311.3 KB
ID:	253962  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2019, 02:43 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'de bring it in a bit and look under there to see what is scraping. A screw could have come loose or the roller might be bad under there.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 02:59 PM   #3

Hi
If the previous post is correct and its a screw or maybe a piece of gravel then once cleared it will be fine. If its not either of those it sounds like the most inner adjuster need to be raised to give a little more clearance. I had to realign my slide some time ago and it has 4 adjusters that allow you to align slide and create floor clearance, the manufacturer should be able to advise on this.
Good Luck
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:45 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I have the same problem with scratching the floor. Where would you find the adjusters on the slides ?
scooterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:57 PM   #5

When the slide is out, on mine you can see the adjusters from the underside of the slide they are jacking bolts with jam nuts. I contacted manufacturer and got a procedure which helped, Its always wise to measure each adjuster before moving and write it down that way you can make an adjustment and if you don't get the necessary response you can always go back to original setting.
Hope this helps
Onebrit
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:52 PM   #6

slide messing up tile

Buying a 2014 Itasca Suncruiser 37F the tile on the passenger slide is messed up and looking for help on adjusting.
donchambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:19 AM   #7

Slide Adjustments

The slide system on our 2007 Ellipse 40TD is a STORE MORE system. If yours is a STORE MORE slide system adjustments may be the same. In order to stop the slide scrubbing the tile to raise the front inside end of the slide I lowered the outside attachment via the vertical adjustment screw. Mark the original position of the attachment with a permanent marker before you make any adjustments in case you need to return to the original settings. attached are STORE MORE slide manual and photo of my adjustment points. Good luck - these slides are difficult to get right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide Adjustment Locations.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	272314  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Slideout Room Adjustment Guide.pdf (2.64 MB, 33 views)

Tags
floor, scr, slide