Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2021, 09:25 AM   #1

Slides

04 adventurer front slide blew a line on the front slide cylinder.. I understand it's a common problem.. can I still operate the rear slide? Thanks
vega3410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2021, 02:45 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
Yes, if you haven't pumped most of your fluid on the ground.
I blew the same one about 4 yrs ago. There is a design problem that causes that particular line to blow. When the slide is closed there is about 3000 psi in the line that holds the slide in while traveling. Then during and after a long hot drive, the engine/tranny heat soaks in and increases the pressure to beyond the 5000 psi ratings of the hose and connectors. AZpete told me his blew and he measured something like 7000 psi.
HWH is notoriously slow, maybe weeks to get back to you. Call Stuarts Service in Elkhart 800 826-6267 for fast response. They know everything about HWH systems, stock and sell all parts at very reasonable prices. Will also help you trouble shoot over the phone. Ask for the steel retrofit kit that won't have the heat soak problem. I would of replaced it myself but the slide has to be removed to access the cylinder connection inside the square support beam. The total length of steel & rubber has to be the same so the two cylinders stay in sync.
Good luck,
Bill
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:46 PM   #3

Thanks. Did you repair yours yourself? And so you have any tips?
Old 09-17-2021, 07:05 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No, pulling the big slide out all the way takes a trained tech and fork lift or some other equipment. Not sure I've read anybody on this forum doing it themselves. There might be one thread from years ago and maybe that guy can post here.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:29 AM   #5

So I was able to take the inspection cover off where the hoses hook to the cylinder for the front slide and the line blew before the 90. I basically have to replace just the hose.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:55 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dang, I didn't have that luck. I was getting leakage for years before it blew out.
I was thinking what if there was a way to put a pressure relief valve on that line and dump excess pressure fluid back in the reservoir???
Old 09-28-2021, 05:41 PM   #7

That is another dumb HWH/Winnie design. Mine blew, and when we investigated, it was a 90 off the cylinder and then bent the line around a sharp corner where it rubbed. A steel u-tube off the top of the cylinders would have been so much smarter. And a design that let you access the cylinder top hose fitting while I'm wishing.

Tags
slide