Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2022, 04:38 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Slow air leak

Can anyone identify the unit in the photos located directly in front of the rear diff on an 04 Journey? The coach loses air pressure from 120 to 90 psi when the brakes are applied. Thank you all in advance...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bago Air Leak-1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	354840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bago Air Leak 2.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	354841  

Name:	Bago Air Leak 3.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	354842   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bago Air Leak 4.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	354843  

Mr Miyagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2022, 07:45 AM   #2

It would appear to be part of the anti-lock brake system ; judging by both air line and electrical connections .
My chassis has a ; Wabco ABS Combo valve ; in the location you describe.

Is your coach on a Freightliner chassis ?

If so contact the free help line with your serial number , and ask for an air system diagram .

1-800-385-4357

EDIT: I found this photo , by searching Wabco ABS Combo valve , I didn't look for any components or a rebuild kit .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Wabco combo valve.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	354884  
Old 01-28-2022, 03:11 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Skip Thanks a ton!! yep, that is what the unit looks like and our 2004 34H
is on a Freightliner Chassis. Thanks again!!
Old 01-28-2022, 11:09 PM   #4

Heeeeeey Ron,
How the heck is ya? A little birdie told me you're getting ready to build at the ranch? How is everything and everybody? Cindy? I also hear she's now retired too? Your brother? All the gang? Travelin'-Campin'? What's up? Let me know how you're doing?
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 11:59 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi there Scott! we're slowly getting closer to breaking ground at the ranch. We are now all retired and healthy, trying to get together with the camping group as much as possible.

The clear coat has completely left our coach but we'll get her painted and covered when we finally set roots down on the ranch.

Big giant cyber hugzz to Karla and Sophie too!!
Old 01-29-2022, 02:39 PM   #6

Hey Ron,
Great to hear from you and, glad all is well. If ya got any other questions on your coach/engine etc., don't hesitate to ask. I think I've had my entire coach dissassembled and put back together at least a time or two in the last 10 years. I just finished with an R & R of the radiator and CAC to replace some water pump tensioner bearings, as well as both the serpentine tensioner and idler bearings. Those little guys spin up a storm but are easily forgotten in the grand scheme of things. I've also just replaced both fan bearings on my basement A/C unit. Talk about noisy, wow! New bearings and, whisper quiet again.
Scott
Old 02-01-2022, 05:32 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Hey Ron,
Great to hear from you and, glad all is well. If ya got any other questions on your coach/engine etc., don't hesitate to ask. I think I've had my entire coach dissassembled and put back together at least a time or two in the last 10 years. I just finished with an R & R of the radiator and CAC to replace some water pump tensioner bearings, as well as both the serpentine tensioner and idler bearings. Those little guys spin up a storm but are easily forgotten in the grand scheme of things. I've also just replaced both fan bearings on my basement A/C unit. Talk about noisy, wow! New bearings and, whisper quiet again.
Scott
Hi Ron and Skip. Glad to see you name up here. The last project I had was repair, the gen set, fix the gears in the steps and replace sections of the front window frame with new perches to install new windshields. Since we came back from our trip to celebrate my 80th been working on converting my 6VDC 1972 Suzuki TS185 to 12 Volts, converting the head light to a great LED and new LED for the rest too. this is a total rebuild of the layout with new and heavely modified air box to provide dead air and about 20 other modification. this will be one hell of an enduro bike when finished.

Since I sold my yacht I've been wanting to be back in the water down here in Florida. So I picked up a little 14 foot sailboat and setting up the rigging to let it rip. New Adventures. Hope all is well and the tires have air.
Old 02-04-2022, 03:16 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Great to hear from you ladabago!

Congrats on your 80th. Man!!!

I simply bought an bicycle rechargeable LED for nite riding. We keep saying we all grew up in the best little window of history with the best music, motorcycles and all...
I grew up riding dirt on a Hodaka so post up photos when ya get that TS185 finished!
Scott, How do ya like that Honda enduro? I wish I could touch the ground on those newer scramblers!!
Old 02-05-2022, 06:05 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Old 02-05-2022, 02:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladagobago View Post
I didn't mean to hijack the thread.
ladago,
*80* and still playing with motorhomes, boats and motorcycles, man, you're my hero!
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
Great to hear from you ladabago!

Congrats on your 80th. Man!!!

I simply bought an bicycle rechargeable LED for nite riding. We keep saying we all grew up in the best little window of history with the best music, motorcycles and all...
I grew up riding dirt on a Hodaka so post up photos when ya get that TS185 finished!
Scott, How do ya like that Honda enduro? I wish I could touch the ground on those newer scramblers!!
Hey Ron,
Well, as you'll see below, I've got THREE bikes. One, the big girl, a 2015 BMW K1600 GTL-Exclusive, then there's the 2018 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT, and finally, the 2007 Yamaha TW200. The Beemer is the Queen for the street and long distance. The Honda is a 1000cc inline twin and is my all-around street/adventure/forest service road/county road and more go-to machine. Even though I'm 6' 2.5" tall, that A/T is a tall girl and I can barely flat foot it. And, it hovers around 540 lbs. so, needless to say, it doesn't go on harder more articulate trails.

For that, I depend on my little *Tractor bike*, the Yamaha TW200. It's a great little bike with a ton of fun it supplies. It's only 278 lbs. so, if it falls over, which it has a time or two, I yank it back up, brush myself off and hit the trail. It's not a very fast little bike but, it will get you there, EVERY TIME.

I purchased a Versa Haul M/C rack for the back of the motorhome to carry the TW and tow the Jeep. I have modifications for it when I want to bring along the Africa Twin. If we want the Beemer on a trip, I simply hook up my GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 to the back of the coach and, load my Rampage M/C lift into it, then load the Beemer and we're off and running.

You need to get something like that little Yamaha TW, they're a gas to play on and, you and Cindy can tootle around camp and check your local areas when you're camped.
Scott
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4027.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	474.0 KB
ID:	355634   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2520.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	561.8 KB
ID:	355635  

Name:	Benson II.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	565.4 KB
ID:	355636   Click image for larger version

Name:	Altered II.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	267.8 KB
ID:	355637  

Name:	IMG_4835.jpg
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	355638   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4815.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	355639  

Name:	IMG_4597.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	347.4 KB
ID:	355640  
Old 02-05-2022, 10:50 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey La Dagobago,

It's all good! Skip426 had the answer to my air leak question.

I just love to shoot the breeze with you guys from time to time as retirement has been very good to me and I love sharing motorcycle and motorhome talk with you guys!

Man Scott you've got your hands full of motorcycle maintenance!! At least you picked 3 of the most dependable 2-wheelers made!

I just sold my WR250X after my last knee surgery and get my 2-wheel exercise on my E-bike now...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Me & my E-bike.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	422.0 KB
ID:	355680  
Old 02-06-2022, 06:32 PM   #12

Hey Ron,
Speaking of air leaks, I don't know if you saw it or not but, when you get a minute, check this out. It's my thread on a SERIOUS air leak!

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/hou...em-521128.html

I won't go into detail here but, again, check it out if ya got time. Your coach is as old as ours and, your air bags are probably getting ready to go to air bag heaven.

Speaking of "E-bikes", we just got two of them a couple of weeks ago. They are E-Lux brands. Folding versions. We're having as much fun on them as we can, based on the weather, cold, wind, and 10 bazillion snowbirds in our town right now. Them babies ain't light. About 73 lbs. each!
Scott

P.S., By the way, our daughter and son-in-law recently picked up the same exact coach as yours, an '04 34' Journey with 105K on the clock. They picked it up in Tucson and stopped by our place on the way home. I made my son-in-law remove each tire and wheel and I did a number on the wheels. It's now HIS job to keep them up, hahahaha.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4297.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	355752   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4296.jpg
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	355753  

Name:	IMG_3479.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	426.1 KB
ID:	355754   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3485.jpg
Size:	345.4 KB
ID:	355755  

Name:	IMG_5012.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	470.4 KB
ID:	355757   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5034.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	467.2 KB
ID:	355758  

Tags
air, leak