Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2005, 04:15 AM   #1

I don't know what models the GE Speedcook microwave oven is an option on, but we are interested in getting this as an option when we order our Horizon 40AD.

Does anybody know if this is vented to the outside of the coach, or just vents inside through a filter of some sort.

The GE website shows a vent duct coming off the top of the unit, but it isn't clear if there is an outside/inside vent option. (This is the Advantium model - where do they get these names!)

Thanks for reading this,

John
www.janeandjohn.org

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2005, 04:15 AM   #2

I don't know what models the GE Speedcook microwave oven is an option on, but we are interested in getting this as an option when we order our Horizon 40AD.

Does anybody know if this is vented to the outside of the coach, or just vents inside through a filter of some sort.

The GE website shows a vent duct coming off the top of the unit, but it isn't clear if there is an outside/inside vent option. (This is the Advantium model - where do they get these names!)

Thanks for reading this,

John
www.janeandjohn.org

Old 02-02-2005, 04:44 AM   #3

I recently installed one of these in my home and there were three options for venting,top,back,and front. The charcoal filter for front venting was an extra expense,about $18.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:49 AM   #4

Go for it and you'll be very happy you did . Because it's also a convection oven, it has to be vent outside. You don't want all that heat and oders inside your coach.Don't get the oven, as it won't be needed and you get 3 drawers for all those kitchen utensiles.

That Advantium is the slickest cooking device ever. We have been using it for everything. Get this, the other day I saw a package of boneless prok ribs at Wally Work that looked about as fresh as any I'd ever seen. All I could think about was barbecuing them on the grill outside. That didn't happen, it was cold and raining, so I cooked them in the Advantium on spped cook for 7 min on each side with so special seasoning, then I dipped each piece in barbecue sauce and cooked them again for 6 min on each side. We have never had barbecue meat so soft and tender ever, almost like a perfect steak .

We've cook steaks on speed cook also, nothing better and there is very little mess to clean-up and it's fast.

Have you looked at any other coaches? There are hundreds of like new, extremely low milaged coaches out there with all the options, just waiting to be snatched up at great savings.

Tomcat F15
"You have to be careful letting a cat in the kitchen, he'll be tasting everything."
Old 02-02-2005, 06:03 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tomcat F15:

Have you looked at any other coaches? There are hundreds of like new, extremely low milaged coaches out there with all the options, just waiting to be snatched up at great savings.

Tomcat F15
"You have to be careful letting a cat in the kitchen, he'll be tasting everything." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Tomcat,

Our original plan was to buy a year or two coach and avoid the big depreciation hit. However after looking at the Newmar and Monaco products (oh, and the revolution by Fleetwood and the Mandalay), we love the 40AD floorplan in the Vectra/Horizon. I have looked at traderonline for the 40AD and there was only ONE hit in a private-party sale. I don't believe that it had the ISL engine - I emailed the guy and said I was interested if he had the 400hp version.. never heard back.

Are you saying your coach has the Advantium and it is vented outside? Wow, based on your description it sounds like the perfect RV cooking solution.

I'm getting hungry now for some reason.. where is the wife...?

John
www.janeandjohn.org

Old 02-02-2005, 12:34 PM   #6

John,

Your e-mail address is incorrect, I have a list to send you, if your interested?

Tomcat F15