Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2015, 04:18 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sticky dash

Every time I tried to wipe off my dash (the fake vinyl over thin foam one) I got frustrated and quit as it just seemed too sticky and the wiping cloth just balls up the junk already on it. Well I finally got tired of it and figured, what the heck, worst that can happen is I have to get it reupholstered.

So I got out the 409 spray and tried a small area, soaking it with the cleaner then hitting it with a scrub brush then rinsing and wiping down the result with a wet clean cloth and it worked pretty good. OK. Lets try the really good stuff. No, not 410, but ZEP Heavy Duty Citrus Degreaser I found at HD. It worked even better. What I thought was a beige vinyl dash turned out to be white. I was absolutely amazed. I would have taken pictures, but frankly I would have been too embarrassed showing how bad I had let it get before finally cleaning it. I used the same technique without the scrub brush on the hard formed plastic instrument panel and it cleaned up real well too.

After letting it dry, I went over it with Armor All, now it looks almost like new. I am one happy camper.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2015, 09:31 PM   #2

Thanks CJ,

I had a similar issue on my P/U truck. Brought it used and the detailers had sprayed this shiny stuff on the interior panels and dash to make it look newer.

I've learned to hate this stuff as it will turn into the gooey mess like what you've run into as the interior gets hot in the sun.

Cleaning this stuff off I found a really good looking base color under the goo, and really nice upholstery.
My 2cts
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash