Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Well, the part we were supposed to get this morning did not come in. They are now expecting it on Monday. So we are stuck here for 3 more days. Sigh. It's a really good thing that we didn't have much going on next week at home. We have Good Sam and AAA roadside assistance providers. Do you think either of them would pay lodging/campsites for the nights we are stuck here ?? We are now talking about 5 days !!</span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Well, the part we were supposed to get this morning did not come in. They are now expecting it on Monday. So we are stuck here for 3 more days. Sigh. It's a really good thing that we didn't have much going on next week at home. We have Good Sam and AAA roadside assistance providers. Do you think either of them would pay lodging/campsites for the nights we are stuck here ?? We are now talking about 5 days !!</span>

Old 07-13-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Is this what they're talking about?

I called Waconia Ford, Waconia, MN. He said the Twin City distribution center didn't have the parts but that Midway Ford Truck Center in Kansas City had one each in stock. Maybe the Twin City dist. sent their last one to your dealer in Sioux Falls.

Thermostat part #7C3Z-8575-A for 6.8L
Crossover part # 3L3Z-8C368-MA for 6.8L

By the way, there has never been a documented case of "Urgency Addiction" in South Dakota except when Senator Tom Daschle's reelection campaign forgot to order the whiskey. (Minnesota joke)

Sioux Falls is a beautiful town.

Update: Cokato Ford truck center (nice guy in parts) said that your Ford dealer there should have the Ford
Customer Response Team pull the parts off the production line and air freight them to you. He said they do that for owners of new vehicles that break down prematurely.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Shannon ...

Give either a call ... they can't anymore than say NO ...

Good Sam Benefits

AAA Benefits

Neither website says anything about lodging or meals ....
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Relax and enjoy your RV. Remember, it could have been your car and you would be sitting in some no star motel.
Navy Flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:28 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Do you also have CoachNet? I think it came with the RV at least the first year - well mine did. Figure a try to any of them is worthwhile.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:32 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is this what they're talking about?

I called Waconia Ford, Waconia, MN. He said the Twin City distribution center didn't have the parts but that Midway Ford Truck Center in Kansas City had one each in stock. Maybe the Twin City dist. sent their last one to your dealer in Sioux Falls.

Thermostat part #7C3Z-8575-A for 6.8L
Crossover part # 3L3Z-8C368-MA for 6.8L

Update: Cokato Ford truck center (nice guy in parts) said that your Ford dealer there should have the Ford
Customer Response Team pull the parts off the production line and air freight them to you. He said they do that for owners of new vehicles that break down prematurely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Those are the part numbers we are waiting for. I appreciate you checking into it for us. They did have the part in stock in some small Iowa town that was 300 miles from here. Oh I forgot to mention that we had them check the engine out while the motorhome was there and the heads were actually getting hot...so we were having an overheating problem after all. They said the fix is the same for both the real and the false overheating.

Chad told me tonight AFTER We had set up camp AGAIN that there is a small chance we could get the part tomorrow. At this point I told him I'd rather just wait until Monday morning. We are tired of breaking camp and waiting around, lol. The kids are excited about all of the "Christmas in July" activities at the campground this weekend. Brunch with Santa, wagon rides, site decorating, real snowball fight, etc. As a matter of fact, they were up all evening making paper decorations to hang outside tomorrow evening for the site decorating contest. Thank goodness we had green and red construction paper on hand

We told my mom and stepdad to head on home. They are leaving tomorrow morning. It was silly for them to wait here for us. That would be more hotel and meal costs for them and they can't really afford it. They didn't want to leave us, but I told them we will be fine.
</span>

Old 07-14-2007, 12:22 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Well it sounds like it could be worse. The good news in watching this thread is that you're not physically "stuck" in the parking lot of the shop, and can move about somewhat. If (when) we brake, I wanna do it like this.
SMILE!!

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote