Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I just joined last night.
I have had my MH for 1- yrs. I have lots of store to tell. Some good. Some bad.
There is always something wrong with MH when new or used. I would like it to be perfect, but then I wakeup. I had list of items for them to fix after first use. (Some I Fixed) Did a full inspection of the MH and there are some of them.

Checked the Coach Battery for Amp draw. By disconnect the + battery and add a Amp meter for AMP draw check and Found that was about 6-7 amps w/nothing on in the coach. Found that side compartment lights are on with doors closed. This I fix by manually adjusting the door switches by pulling the door switch bracket out so you can see the light go off just before the door closes. This got the amp draw down to a amp. This is an acceptable level.

One of the two Batteries was bad. This was not too bad, Interstate Battery exchange the battery with no trouble. But I have a better Fix. I changed the two 27-size batteries for two Interstate 8D. The 8D battery is about the size of three batteries. Got one to fit in to the Battery box with the Chassis battery. Then mounted the other 8D battery under the battery box in a tray I made. This make the battery count to about 6 batteries.

Add a battery charger/maintainer for the Chassis Battery. This keeps the chassis battery charged up. The steps and front lights work off the Chassis battery.

HWH Level system Solenoids going bad and leveling board not holding level. HWH warranty this by changing the solenoids. I redesign the leveling board to a three-screw external adjustable and spring. This has worked with out a hitch, or by the push of a button.

# 5 Spark Plug Wire Braking have Change it two times. Looking at changing all the wires to MSD wire set 39843 from Jegs.com, these have a fiber cord in them for strength.

Fuel Pump went out in 4000 mi. this was warranty with no cost to me, just time.

Maybe there are more things to talk about. But I am just getting started. The MH is working really well for me how. It works just like the way I like it. I do all of my own maintenance. I have the Workhorse Shop books and have put them to good use. Just reading them helps me understand and fix the MH.
unclesmirf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I just joined last night.
I have had my MH for 1- yrs. I have lots of store to tell. Some good. Some bad.
There is always something wrong with MH when new or used. I would like it to be perfect, but then I wakeup. I had list of items for them to fix after first use. (Some I Fixed) Did a full inspection of the MH and there are some of them.

Checked the Coach Battery for Amp draw. By disconnect the + battery and add a Amp meter for AMP draw check and Found that was about 6-7 amps w/nothing on in the coach. Found that side compartment lights are on with doors closed. This I fix by manually adjusting the door switches by pulling the door switch bracket out so you can see the light go off just before the door closes. This got the amp draw down to a amp. This is an acceptable level.

One of the two Batteries was bad. This was not too bad, Interstate Battery exchange the battery with no trouble. But I have a better Fix. I changed the two 27-size batteries for two Interstate 8D. The 8D battery is about the size of three batteries. Got one to fit in to the Battery box with the Chassis battery. Then mounted the other 8D battery under the battery box in a tray I made. This make the battery count to about 6 batteries.

Add a battery charger/maintainer for the Chassis Battery. This keeps the chassis battery charged up. The steps and front lights work off the Chassis battery.

HWH Level system Solenoids going bad and leveling board not holding level. HWH warranty this by changing the solenoids. I redesign the leveling board to a three-screw external adjustable and spring. This has worked with out a hitch, or by the push of a button.

# 5 Spark Plug Wire Braking have Change it two times. Looking at changing all the wires to MSD wire set 39843 from Jegs.com, these have a fiber cord in them for strength.

Fuel Pump went out in 4000 mi. this was warranty with no cost to me, just time.

Maybe there are more things to talk about. But I am just getting started. The MH is working really well for me how. It works just like the way I like it. I do all of my own maintenance. I have the Workhorse Shop books and have put them to good use. Just reading them helps me understand and fix the MH.
unclesmirf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:37 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

unclesmirf welcome to the forum and the Winnebago forum.
Like your story alot of us have been there and resolved problems ourselfs dealers should do it but at least you know its done right after you have corrected the problems.
If you burning up your wires you may need better ventilation of the engine chamber to get the heat out of there. Heres a LINK to show what I mean.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:59 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Welcome aboard. Always glad to hear of other success and failures with the RV. We all have a number of stories to tell and re-tell.

ken
Old 11-19-2007, 04:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Unclesmirf:

Welcome to the forum . It is so true that there seems to always be something to adjust or fix on a motorhome...some more than others.

Good thing many of us like to tinker with these things.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:54 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Unclesmirf

Welcome to the site.

Interesting stories, and the wire situation. Not heard very often on a Winnebago.

Check into the Workhorse Forum for additional information on the Workhorse Chassis
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:38 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

unclesmirf, welcome to the forum.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading your stories. I am sure you will enjoy this website and forum.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote