Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2018, 08:29 AM   #1

Stumped by 120V power loss to television outlets

2010 Vista 32K:

We’re freshly back on the road from about 5 weeks parked at my brothers house so we could do some light maintenance. Last night I raised the antenna to turn on the TV and found that both the front and bedroom TV’s had no power.

I started searching and found that 3 of the upper outlets don’t have power. 2 are in the same side of the front cabinet and one behind the bedroom television. I started checking breakers, fuses and GFCI switches (just in case) and could find no good reason why these particular outlets have no power.

What ideas can you suggest I try next? It’s weird that it’s just a few outlets and in separate ends of the coach. Thanks for any ideas you can provide!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2018, 08:40 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I ran into this in my 99 fleetwood. turns out there 2 problems. first one was one of the GFI outlets had popped that served the rear of the coach. It was in a strange place, under a upper cabinet so I couldn't see it with out getting down on my knees. The 2nd problem was the front outlets didn't have any power. I found that they used power outlets where the wire is pushed down into the connecter at 90 degrees in the rear of the outlet. I had to remove the outlet recepticle and take it apart to repair it. The outlet itself was a bit of a strange configuration because it was a of a very "shallow" design. Only have seen this kind of recepticle in RV's. One of the push contacts had become bent so it lost contact with the wire internally. Once repaired the other outlets down stream started working again. More than likely this is what you are dealing with.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomB View Post
2010 Vista 32K:

We’re freshly back on the road from about 5 weeks parked at my brothers house so we could do some light maintenance. Last night I raised the antenna to turn on the TV and found that both the front and bedroom TV’s had no power.

I started searching and found that 3 of the upper outlets don’t have power. 2 are in the same side of the front cabinet and one behind the bedroom television. I started checking breakers, fuses and GFCI switches (just in case) and could find no good reason why these particular outlets have no power.

What ideas can you suggest I try next? It’s weird that it’s just a few outlets and in separate ends of the coach. Thanks for any ideas you can provide!
Do you have an inverter? If so, check if a breaker on the inverter is tripped.

Check GFCI outlet. It might have failed.
04georgieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:46 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here's the Body, 110 Volt Wiring Diagram for your coach. As stated previously, if you have an inverter it supplies the power to both front and rear TVs. A tripped breaker on that inverter would match your symptoms.

The inverter location can be seen in the Body, 110 Volt Wiring Installation diagram.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:47 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Find your Xantrex inverter, it will be in a basement compartment behind a metal protective shield. You will find a duplex GFCI outlet on it, press the reset button.

The Xantrex inverter has a internal transfer switch and switches shore power thru when shore power is present. However the output of the inverter feeding the TV outlets and several others in your RV goes thru that GFCI outlet on the Xantrex. On occasion it will trip for reasons unknown.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 11:35 AM   #6

I located the inverter. It’s below my refrig with a panel visible in the stairwell. I see said GFCI but can’t tell that I can is if it’s truly resetting when I trip it. (I get no resistance in the rebound of the reset button. Assuming that the GFCI is bad what would be my course of action?
Old 04-22-2018, 11:38 AM   #7

EDIT: I was able to reset it. I had to use a screw driver to push it in as far as it wanted to go. (My fat fingers couldn’t get the reset in far enough. THANKS!!!!

Tags
power, television