Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-17-2022, 08:39 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 29
Suggestion for replacement backup camera

Suggestion for replacement backup camera

After speaking with Winnebago Customer Care, we determined the signal from the backup camera was not reaching the radio monitor in our 2016 Winnebago Vista LX

We need suggestion for a Bluetooth backup camera system, that will allow us to wire the camera to one of the marker lights and the monitor getting is power from the cigarette light. We will also set it up so when the parking lights are on the monitor will be on.

There are so many choices on Amazon that making a decision has been a challenge.

As always. I am so grateful to all your suggestion and sharing of your knowledge.

Carol

Admin, please move this post if I put it in the wrong section
Russ.n.Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2022, 09:07 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
puttin's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,348
I may have responded already to an earlier post- Check out RV Cams- tell them your needs and they will give you some options/brands that should fit your rv. I bought a monitor from them a few years ago and it was completely plug and play.- It replaced the old crt one. All the existing power and camera cables just plugged right in with the adapter they sent.
__________________
2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35-J
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 09:41 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
I may have responded already to an earlier post- Check out RV Cams- tell them your needs and they will give you some options/brands that should fit your rv. I bought a monitor from them a few years ago and it was completely plug and play.- It replaced the old crt one. All the existing power and camera cables just plugged right in with the adapter they sent.
Puttin you did help me before. Do you have the link for RV Cams. Google search showed campsites or cam shafts.

I feel so much better it was one of the coincidences the camera went out when I tried to adjust it.
Russ.n.Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 10:39 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
puttin's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,348
https://www.rvcams.com/
__________________
2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35-J
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 07:10 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
I did have the correct website, thank you again, but their site seems to be down. We will be calling them later this morning.

Thank you for taking the time to send me their web address.

Carol
Russ.n.Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 04:07 PM   #6
Member
 
Hermes2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ.n.Carol View Post
Suggestion for replacement backup camera

After speaking with Winnebago Customer Care, we determined the signal from the backup camera was not reaching the radio monitor in our 2016 Winnebago Vista LX

We need suggestion for a Bluetooth backup camera system, that will allow us to wire the camera to one of the marker lights and the monitor getting is power from the cigarette light. We will also set it up so when the parking lights are on the monitor will be on.

There are so many choices on Amazon that making a decision has been a challenge.
I've been using this for the last 12,000 miles with good success on our 30' Class A. ZEROXCLUB HD Digital Wireless Backup Camera for RV/Truck/Trailer/Van/Bus, 7 Inch HD 1080p LCD Monitor and IP69 Waterproof Rear Camera System,HDCVI Signal,Night Vision,Record(SW01-black).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
__________________
Hermes: 2021 Winnebago Adventurer 29b | 2020 Chevy Equinox
It's Wine-O'clock Somewhere!
2014 Itasca Impulse Silver 26QP
Hermes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 04:14 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes2 View Post
I've been using this for the last 12,000 miles with good success on our 30' Class A. ZEROXCLUB HD Digital Wireless Backup Camera for RV/Truck/Trailer/Van/Bus, 7 Inch HD 1080p LCD Monitor and IP69 Waterproof Rear Camera System,HDCVI Signal,Night Vision,Record(SW01-black).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1


We bought that one on Amazon last night. Good to know someone is happy with it!
Russ.n.Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ace, camera, replace, replacement



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replace it the backup camera with a rear view camera FloridaTom Fleetwood Owner's Forum 1 05-05-2021 01:12 PM
Backup Generator Size Suggestion GNHebb MH-General Discussions & Problems 11 07-16-2020 04:29 PM
Anyone tried using Home security camera system as backup camera before? Victoreric Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. 9 04-27-2020 09:12 AM
Changing monitor for backup camera while leaving existing camera. John Jones Country Coach Owners Forum 6 03-01-2016 08:40 PM
Harbor Freight Camera system as a backup camera RLD_999 Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. 3 08-11-2014 02:04 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.