Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2005, 01:40 PM   #1
GG1
Winnie-Wise

How many members are finding problems with small scratches in the white paint on the side panels? This info is needed to present to Winnebago factory rep. in the next few days, thanks for any help.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:40 PM   #2
GG1
Winnie-Wise

How many members are finding problems with small scratches in the white paint on the side panels? This info is needed to present to Winnebago factory rep. in the next few days, thanks for any help.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:57 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I don't have a Journey but, I do have scratches in our Adventurer 3 to be exact in the white areas! I also had problems with paint runs under one side marker light but that was resolved by the body shop through Winnebago. I didn't see the white scratches until after the fact. I also had the dreaded bedroom slide crack. It was repaired once, but the crack is still somewhat visible especially when cold.
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 04:12 AM   #4

The painted areas cover the blems quite well, it's where the front and rear caps are joined that there workmanship need to be inproved. They don't spend very much time on the gel-coat surfaces because inperfection are hard to see and don't show up until you hand clean and wax the coach. It's not that the coach will fall apart from the little buggers, but it's annoying non the less. It all comes back to a lack Winnebago Quality Control and Quality Workmanship.

Tomcat F15
Old 04-19-2005, 01:36 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

We have peeling paint in one area of our 04, the seam where the stripe meets, it is raised and peeling. Don't know if it is the gel coat or not. We are going to the factory in Sept. They need QC in the paint departmentfor sure. Good Luck
Old 04-19-2005, 02:53 PM   #6
doc
Winnebago Owner

We discovered what appears to be very tiny cracks in the white area of the panels on drivers side of our 2000 Horizon under and behind the driver's window. look almost like spiderwebbing. Keep us posted if Winnebago offers a fix.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:16 AM   #7
PDB
Winnebago Camper

This may be off-topic, but I have several scratches here and there on our '04 Vectra. I would like to buy a touch up kit for my Cypress Green & Gray color scheme.
Does any one know how/where I can get such a kit? I tried Sherwin-Williams but they will mix minimum 1 gal of each color, and it would be several hundred dollars!
Thanks for any help.
Paul

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
PDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 05:05 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

PDB, I got the touch up paint for our MH at PaintScratch, see link below. I send them the paint info from the manual and they matched it.
http://www.paintscratch.com/
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:29 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

PDB:

In my area, Finishmaster will mix small containers of touch-up paint. They are a Dupont jobber. I believe Finishmaster is a national company so you may find one in your area.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote