Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2018, 10:00 PM   #29

Maybe someday there will be a TPMS with wheel well mounted infrared temp sensors combined into one dashboard display. They make them for racing. The video is interesting to see how the temps on the outside tires instantly climb while cornering

Tire Infrared Temperature Sensors
bigb56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2018, 11:26 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Interested in what are 'safe' temps for our 22.5 tag axled coach...
on this last trip, it really baffled me when stopping and checking...

Know that the sunny side will be hotter,
as will the steer tire right behind the generator exhaust when running,
and suspect the inside dual will be hotter since less air flow,
but what are the 'safe' temps ?
(I use a temp gun as the tpms have been a failure imho -
been on here long enough to know all the arguments for and against )

but is 'safe' in temp differences?
if so from what base-ambient or cold? +25 or +50?
are they in absolute temp ?
like 135 or 150 or ????

Thanks in advance JB2
All temps in degrees F

If you are asking about the safe actual temps, i.e. as measured with a infrared temp,gun I would feel safe at 150 to 160. Mine run 135 average after a couple hours running 63 to 67 mph, properly inflated for weights, with outside temps in the mid 80s. From what I’ve been able to find tires fail somewhere between 170 to 207.

If you are asking where to set the TPMS I can’t offer any help. The best way to use temp on TPMS is to monitor your base line temps and pressure and be alert for unexplained changes in either. If unexplainable changes are noticed pull over and check the tire. Use a temp gun if you have one.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 10:43 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks sdennis !
Egg-xactly what I was asking... about infrared gun temps...

I saw temps as low as 95 on the tags and about 138 to 145 on drive/insides...

may be time for another weigh in as the tags seem mighty light,

but more on the tags put my fronts too close to max gawr last time... so ging to check closer,,, thanks again !
Old 05-31-2018, 08:29 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Update First time out with TPMS..Drove 375 mi today. The weather was cloudy and around 80 degrees. The cold psi on all 6 tires was 95 psi.They all leveled out after a hour or so .Increased 10 psi. The temps ranged from 95 to103 degrees. There was only one tire at 103 degrees, It was the inside rear on passenger side. The exhaust comes out in front of the passenger rear tires but only the inside was higher than the rest. Tire visually looked fine.
rick5963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms